Kiesel --- Never Again!

• Thread starter MetalHead40
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I can't believe that customer's apology. Or more over, that Jeff would be such an ass to the kind of person who loves Kiesel so much as to write that apology. If you're fortunate enough to have a customer like that, treat them right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
I can't believe that customer's apology. Or more over, that Jeff would be such an ass to the kind of person who loves Kiesel so much as to write that apology. If you're fortunate enough to have a customer like that, treat them right.

Many years ago, like maybe over a decade ago, there was someone named Rob_l that was buying carvin guitars every other day, it seemed. I think Carvin did end up sending him a guitar or two for free. Not sure what happened to him, or that relationship after

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
The Kiesel "roasting" situation for some reason puts me in mind of.... you know in Mick Foley's autobiography where he works on the chicken stall making "broasted" chicken, which was chicken part boiled and part roasted in order to impersonate fried chicken? That.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Many years ago, like maybe over a decade ago, there was someone named Rob_l that was buying carvin guitars every other day, it seemed. I think Carvin did end up sending him a guitar or two for free. Not sure what happened to him, or that relationship after

He simply shifted focus to collecting firearms, let his website for his music project die, and sold off a number of instruments. I may be misremembering, there also might have been a cancer scare in there somewhere.

I believe this was one they sent him:
fe3a96bad0e1cf85fc21691aaa7bd5a7.jpg

At one point, dude was having almost 3 guitars purchased from the in-stock, overnight shipping, every week....for weeks on end.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He simply shifted focus to collecting firearms, let his website for his music project die, and sold off a number of instruments. I may be misremembering, there also might have been a cancer scare in there somewhere.

I believe this was one they sent him:
fe3a96bad0e1cf85fc21691aaa7bd5a7.jpg

At one point, dude was having almost 3 guitars purchased from the in-stock, overnight shipping, every week....for weeks on end.

I know he started working as a contractor with his local PD. He was a veteran and always into firearms. I remember having a conversation with him about it years and years ago on the old Ibanez board.

He went through phases with guitars. Last one before he went mostly dark on the web were Japanese Market ESPs and higher end Edwards models.

I know a guy who lives on the same street as Rob, or at least did. He said it was a constant stream of UPS deliveries. :lol:

Rob was always a good dude though. Told it how it was, and was remarkably humble. Loved talking about gear, and guns, and was just overall really cool. I know he was a cancer survivor, and it always loomed over him. I really hope he's well.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
"Dear Jeff Kiesel..." by: KDH

Wow, what a fucking cunt. Was looking to spend my rebate on a replacement for the Vader I had to sell when I moved, but that ain't happening now. (or ever as far as I'm concerned... Good guitar or not, I don't want that prick's name anywhere near me.) Guy's giving me super strong S7G Jim (I think his name was, correct me if I'm wrong) vibes. He can fuck right off with his holier-than-thou attitude.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Wow, what a fucking cunt. Was looking to spend my rebate on a replacement for the Vader I had to sell when I moved, but that ain't happening now. (or ever as far as I'm concerned... Good guitar or not, I don't want that prick's name anywhere near me.) Guy's giving me super strong S7G Jim (I think his name was, correct me if I'm wrong) vibes. He can fuck right off with his holier-than-thou attitude.

JFC Jeff is a shit whistle. Daddy would do well to rein in his boy, and get a qualified CS team.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I've said it countless times here. I own plenty of high end guitars (Blackmachine, Mayones, Skervesen, PRS Core Models, Aristides, Jackson USA) and I will never be ordering a Kiesel as long as Jeff is in the position that he is. It's ridiculous at this point and I am at the point where I honestly hope they fail. He's such a dick to loyal customers and it's insane.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
So I’ve been saving money for a Black Friday build. But. The more time passes the more Jeff seems hell bent on trying to talk me out of it. Seriously, someone needs to let him know to step off the social media and just work more. I assume this behavior of his is going to start harming his sales eventually. If it hasn’t already. Watching him on live-streams is cringeworthy. I have bought three new Carvins before the change. So I’m not new to the company. But I’m starting to consider other options. Balaguer tartarus!?! That guitar looks awesome. Curious to see @KnightBrolaire NGD and his thoughts on his metallic red pointy beast!

Last edited:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
even though they turn out great guitars (I still own 3 and had around 9) ime, the customer service horror stories and jeff's constant narcissism/douchebaggery makes me want to never give them another cent.
I talked my cousin out of buying a guitar from them just by explaining some of the shit jeff has pulled.

Last edited:

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
even though they turn out great guitars ime, the customer service horror stories and jeff's constant narcissism/douchebaggery makes me want to never give them another cent.
I talked my cousin out of buying a guitar from them just by explaining some of the shit jeff has pulled.

That KDH vid is going to be the final nail in his coffin, I should think. Yes, they're MIA, and I can understand the allure of that, but given the sheer number of options available today I just don't see how Kiesel can compete with an owner who regularly comes across as a meth'd-out dirtbag when similar quality and superior customer service is only a click away for anyone today.

And yeah, I'm eyeing Balaguer too just like everyone else here now. ;)

soliloquy

Reaction score
Balaguer tartarus!?! That guitar looks awesome. Curious to see @KnightBrolaire NGD and his thoughts on his metallic red pointy beast!

i'm strongly considering an Astra. Not sure why i'm not seeing too many reviews on it yet. not sure what other custom companies exist out there.
Agile, from time to time, does custom runs
Black Water Guitars
Warmoth

beyond that, I'm not too aware of what guitar companies are doing custom work

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
i'm strongly considering an Astra. Not sure why i'm not seeing too many reviews on it yet. not sure what other custom companies exist out there.
Agile, from time to time, does custom runs
Black Water Guitars
Warmoth

beyond that, I'm not too aware of what guitar companies are doing custom work
astra just isn't a big seller for balaguer from what I've seen.

black water effectively doesn't exist anymore. aaron doesn't seem to care about building anymore.
warmoth isn't really custom, same with agile.

there are plenty of smaller full/semicustom shops out there (padalka, oni, carillion daemoness, waghorn, knightro, TK instruments, tw smith, jillard, agape, reichardt, goliath, kxk, etc)

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Doesn't seem that the Kiesel intolerance on SSO has hurt Jeff at all. As long as social-media abounds with nut-swingers, he'll likely continue to prosper. It's a shame but the douche-bag guitar community continues to thrive... and Jeff is the perfect guy to represent. My Ultra V7 was a nice guitar but selling it felt almost liberating.