Kiesel quality control

• Thread starter Sam I am
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Waaaaaaaaait a minute. Why does the comma thing ring a bell? I could have sworn I've seen another user post like that before.

Has anyone asked the obvious question? The "why are you buying custom or semi customs when you admit you're still at the learner stage" question?
Sadly I waited until 2019 I was 57 y/o to buy my 1st guitar fender stratocaster American prof left it in its case, until 2020 I retired March 2 2020 started playing ,,,,then bought a Taylor 214ce koa acoustic in may 2020 , waited til Jan 2021 bought Gibson Les Paul 60s standard , then March bought a Taylor 714ce lol waited til November ordered this kiesel, but in between bought a Gibson SG 61 ..help ... retired and spending the pension money 💰 but ... It's getting easier to play

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sadly I waited until 2019 I was 57 y/o to buy my 1st guitar fender stratocaster American prof left it in its case, until 2020 I retired March 2 2020 started playing ,,,,then bought a Taylor 214ce koa acoustic in may 2020 , waited til Jan 2021 bought Gibson Les Paul 60s standard , then March bought a Taylor 714ce lol waited til November ordered this kiesel, but in between bought a Gibson SG 61 ..help ... retired and spending the pension money 💰 but ... It's getting easier to play
And you don't want to know my other hobby far more expensive and far dangerous

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
And you don't want to know my other hobby far more expensive and far dangerous
And why custom? I'm left handed only in guitar and writing everything else I'm right hand,,,and I wanted an American made PRS ,,,never going to happen in their U.S made stuff so I bought this kiesel which is a very close replica

Puttness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Waaaaaaaaait a minute. Why does the comma thing ring a bell? I could have sworn I've seen another user post like that before.

Has anyone asked the obvious question? The "why are you buying custom or semi customs when you admit you're still at the learner stage" question?
I don't think it matters if the person is committed. It is really only a questionable decision for someone who may drop the hobby or doesn't know what they actually want in their guitar. Also, everyone is at the learner stage and always will be. Just being pedantic there haha. A beginner who's got the money and knows they won't give up on it is just skipping the process of "upgrading" which is a stupid concept anyway. If you're going to eventually buy a custom when you think you are "good enough" for it, then you went through 2-3 less expensive guitars just to end up at the one you really wanted in the first place.

Just my opinion as someone who calls themselves a beginner but owns an ESP custom. I play guitar 4-5 hours a day now up from 30 minutes a day because I have the dream guitar I wanted since I started playing. Sometimes, like for OP and I, it is the only way to get a guitar with the exact specs you want and is a huge motivation to put your nose to the grindstone so your money isn't wasted.

Last edited:

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't think it matters if the person is committed. It is really only a questionable decision for someone who may drop the hobby or doesn't know what they actually want in their guitar. Also, everyone is at the learner stage and always will be. Just being pedantic there haha. A beginner who's got the money and knows they won't give up on it is just skipping the process of "upgrading" which is a stupid concept anyway. If you're going to eventually buy a custom when you think you are "good enough" for it, then you went through 2-3 less expensive guitars just to end up at the one you really wanted in the first place.

Just my opinion as someone who calls themselves a beginner but owns an ESP custom. I play guitar 4-5 hours a day now up from 30 minutes a day because I have the dream guitar I wanted since I started playing. Sometimes, like for OP and I, it is the only way to get a guitar with the exact specs you want and is a huge motivation to put your nose to the grindstone so your money isn't wasted.
I agree , and I really love playing I play about 1.5 -3 hrs each day very rewarding , don't plan on playing in front of a crowd ,,,and forget the guitars how bout those ridiculous priced AMPS ??? My go-to is the Dr z wreck Jr,,,,and instead of messing w/ pedals or buttons yet I use the boss katana 50 plus it lets me play the acoustic s

Puttness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I agree , and I really love playing I play about 1.5 -3 hrs each day very rewarding , don't plan on playing in front of a crowd ,,,and forget the guitars how bout those ridiculous priced AMPS ??? My go-to is the Dr z wreck Jr,,,,and instead of messing w/ pedals or buttons yet I use the boss katana 50 plus it lets me play the acoustic s
Definitely more rewarding to me because I have been progressing faster than when I was playing my Zemaitis. That guitar is also really nice but not the guitar I went to bed dreaming of playing as a teenager. I put at least 3 hours a day into practicing so I can reach a level where I can play with my friends who are very skilled players. I also use Boss Katanas to save money on pedals, I will say they are not as good as the real deal pedals but they do the job nicely. The only amps I'd spend over $1k on are an Axe FX or a Kemper. At some point I want to get both of those.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Definitely more rewarding to me because I have been progressing faster than when I was playing my Zemaitis. That guitar is also really nice but not the guitar I went to bed dreaming of playing as a teenager. I put at least 3 hours a day into practicing so I can reach a level where I can play with my friends who are very skilled players. I also use Boss Katanas to save money on pedals, I will say they are not as good as the real deal pedals but they do the job nicely. The only amps I'd spend over $1k on are an Axe FX or a Kemper. At some point I want to get both of those.
I was so uneducated on equipment I bought what I thought would be useful, I commend you on your playing time, working I couldn't do it but retired I can,,,,alot of men I know that once played have given it up or rarely do it,,,, hanging them on the wall sad...

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was so uneducated on equipment I bought what I thought would be useful, I commend you on your playing time, working I couldn't do it but retired I can,,,,alot of men I know that once played have given it up or rarely do it,,,, hanging them on the wall sad...
I have a much older brother in his 70s had to stop due to finger issues he sold a his stuff very sad .

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
would the modern-looking version of google photos even work on a 9 year old motorola phone?

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Lotta people giving OP grief when all they did was ask a simple question. They weren't even accusatory and ended up happy with the guitar after they got it fixed.

Admittedly it was an easy fix, I remember being new to floating trems. My idiot brain couldn't figure out why things went out of whack when I changed tuning.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd just say it was a massive oversight/miscommunication at Kiesel. Things like this happen, even if I can't personally understand how. OP got the guitar fixed and is happy with it, no harm no foul. (the guitar looks nice, by the way.)

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
It is really only a questionable decision for someone who may drop the hobby or doesn't know what they actually want in their guitar.
As in.... a beginner?

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against buying something just because you want nice things.

I'm just saying, it's pretty common advice not to dive that deep into custom or semi-custom instruments etc., and all the hassle that can come with that, until you've got enough playing time down to both have a good handle on what your specific wants and needs are (there are plenty of lefty guitars out there for less hassle), and to have demonstrated that you really are committed to it in that way. (I mean demonstrate to yourself, to avoid the potential of regretting the decision down the line, if that's a thing you care about - I'm by no means saying someone has to "prove themselves" to "deserve" a nice instrument, or if you just want to own it to hang it on a wall and stare at it - you do you.)

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As in.... a beginner?

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against buying something just because you want nice things.

I'm just saying, it's pretty common advice not to dive that deep into custom or semi-custom instruments etc., and all the hassle that can come with that, until you've got enough playing time down to both have a good handle on what your specific wants and needs are (there are plenty of lefty guitars out there for less hassle), and to have demonstrated that you really are committed to it in that way. (I mean demonstrate to yourself, to avoid the potential of regretting the decision down the line, if that's a thing you care about - I'm by no means saying someone has to "prove themselves" to "deserve" a nice instrument, or if you just want to own it to hang it on a wall and stare at it - you do you.)
I do agree,,,,the problem was I had a window to get these that spanned about 2 yrs and I will be 60 soon,,,I don't know when I'm getting off this bus ride called life, and time they're not making ..then as I've seen the hands / fingers start to go

Toejam

Reaction score
i know when shipped long distance many detune/loosen the strings to relief tension from the neck, so maybe they just didnt tune it for that reason and just put your springs in the case....
Carvin/Kiesel has never detuned a guitar when shipping out. Nobody should do that, because it's not necessary. Seems most likely it got banged around hard from the delivery company.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
Received my new guitar with the vibrato/ tremelo springs laying in the case with guitar and 1 string broke off at tuner a 2nd broke at tuner after calling/emailing to find out what the extra springs were for only to be notified that they belonged in the guitar.... I'm new to guitar and because I play lefty the custom choices are rare, they had the " lead tech " talk with me and he sent a video how to install the springs ,,,only to find out that the wood screws used to tighten the spring holders were so loose the springs did not stay on.... Emailing again it became apparent that this brand has no problem of the consumer repairing a brand new guitar.....I'm not a set up person yet because I'm new into playing, and the 5 + month wait for this thing to be built should not need fully done.....the guitar is beautiful, it had wrong color pick-up rings from order but found no cosmetic issues scratch or dings,, my disparity is :
1. No quality control list or final inspection proof... and shipping back across the U.S and then back again with hopes nothing else happens... Which opens up another can ...
I would be sending it back for a full refund (including shipping refund).

Shipping a brand new $$$$ guitar without it being fully assembled is not a quality control issue. It's a complete lack of respect for the customer.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would be sending it back for a full refund (including shipping refund).

Shipping a brand new $$$$ guitar without it being fully assembled is not a quality control issue. It's a complete lack of respect for the customer.
This thread is long very long it covers the whole gambit,,,I kept it paid out of pocket for repairs love the guitar...

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
That is the effect that social media has had on people. People, especially super young players, feel this unreasonable urge to flex by saying "hey, I've got a nice guitar!" as a way to try to make up for the fact that their playing skills are total shit.

Even before social media got to where it is today, this forum (and some other forums) kind of caused the same effect. Remember around 2009-2013 when EVERYONE was getting a custom-built instrument from a private luthier just to flex on forums, especially here on this forum, because it was like a means of "keeping up with the Joneses"?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I think this will be the mystery of the century for me, and fucked up because I'll most likely never get an answer on to how this came about. Its gonna bug me for years I know myself. I need to know how the springs got outside the cavity. Whether that be FedEX craziness, or Kiesel laziness, I need to know.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That is the effect that social media has had on people. People, especially super young players, feel this unreasonable urge to flex by saying "hey, I've got a nice guitar!" as a way to try to make up for the fact that their playing skills are total shit.

Even before social media got to where it is today, this forum (and some other forums) kind of caused the same effect. Remember around 2009-2013 when EVERYONE was getting a custom-built instrument from a private luthier just to flex on forums, especially here on this forum, because it was like a means of "keeping up with the Joneses"?
Don't know about that I'm 59 and have only been playing 2 yrs this December,,,, I don't have the time to deal with buying and trading up ,,, I am not FLEXING it's a hobby , why pursue it at my age with lesser spec models? ,,I have 5 hard Enduro dirt bikes made in Europe which cost 2 x what a custom guitar does,,, it's all about what one can afford at my stage in life ..it's not pride but a new found passion ...

electriceye

Reaction score
As in.... a beginner?

Who gives a shit? The guy has the money and wanted something fun to do in retirement. What is wrong with you people? It’s HIS money. What the hell do you care what he does with it if it’s not hurting anyone? And what right do you have to criticize him over it? He came here asking for help and half of you guys outed yourselves for being assholes. Stop it. If you have nothing nice to say to him, then simply don’t comment.

OP, not everyone here is a dick. I promise. Hope this was all sorted out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.