Kiesel ZEUS Bolt on headless waaaaaaaaaaaaaat

• Thread starter MrHelloGuitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, as has been said on here before, for a basic build, Kiesel is hard to beat, value wise (provided you don't get something that you need to talk with customer service on.) Anyone who wants a stripped down Blackmachine-esque build has it made. But, start playing around with options and it gets straight up crazy.

What IS weird is that there are certain options that people want, and the response is always, "You can't just do that - it takes a lot of CNC programming, testing, tweaking, testing, etc." Yet, Jeff programs whole new bodies at a pace I almost can't keep track of anymore. So I think that the rationale for not doing certain options is just that they don't want to do it. Which is fine, as it's his company.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I’ve never had a problem reselling Kiesels to Hollowway. I price them after deposit for resale with the fact that if I returned it I wouldn’t receive my deposit back

FTFY. :lol:

It's cuz you have killer specs. And that resin8 (see what I did there?) is supposed to arrive today!

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I don't think that's true, because you can place a build without a deposit... Unless it's some sort of requirement for some custom options.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think that's true, because you can place a build without a deposit... Unless it's some sort of requirement for some custom options.

You pay either 20% or the full amount or they won't start the build.

If you could just order something without paying a dime folks would troll the shit out of them. :lol:

I know you used to be able to submit an order without payment/deposit, but that just reserved your spot in the queue. You had to pay at least the deposit before they'd begin the actual build process.

Kiesel Website said:
You can get your Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop guitar or bass build started by paying a deposit of 20% of the total price (excluding shipping). When you pay a deposit, we'll begin your build immediately, and when your build is complete, we'll automatically bill you the balance using the same billing method as you used for the deposit. The Guitar Builder has an option at the end to select this method of payment. Note that if you're paying by check, we will not start your build until your deposit check has cleared. If you wish to change your billing method for the remaining balance, please call 858-484-8277 to make arrangements (be sure to have your order number handy).

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Ha, oh yeah... I'm a dumbass. Because I just paid up front, so my brain this morning (forgive me as I had a 16 hr work day yesterday, and now I'm getting sick) just jumped to "no deposit". Ha!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ha, oh yeah... I'm a dumbass. Because I just paid up front, so my brain this morning (forgive me as I had a 16 hr work day yesterday, and now I'm getting sick) just jumped to "no deposit". Ha!

I had to check just to make sure, because I almost thought you were right.

If you were we were about to have one of the most legendary mock up threads in SSO history. :lol:

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
It’s 20 percent deposit. 10 day trial. 20 percent restocking fee.

And Holloway looking forward to the NGD!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s 20 percent deposit. 10 day trial. 20 percent restocking fee.

And Holloway looking forward to the NGD!

If there is a restocking fee it is new. In fact when I was looking at ordering a Vader my sales rep actually told me to buy an in stock to make sure I liked the design and then return it before I ordered since I would lose nothing.

The site does say if you cancel a guitar before it is received there is a 20% fee and that they reserve the right to charge a restocking fee on items that are "hard to resell" or damaged.

MiPwnYew

Reaction score
I hate that I've really been liking the Osiris and Zeus models and have spec'd out a couple of them on the website. I really dislike Jeff's attitude/vibe in videos, plus all the horror stories about their customer service. Damn do they seem like a good design and value though lol, just not sure if I can bring myself to support Kiesel...

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I hate that I've really been liking the Osiris and Zeus models and have spec'd out a couple of them on the website. I really dislike Jeff's attitude/vibe in videos, plus all the horror stories about their customer service. Damn do they seem like a good design and value though lol, just not sure if I can bring myself to support Kiesel...
The sales guys like Chris, Keith and mike are great. If you want to order a be don’t think of it as supporting jeff but supporting the hardworking employees under him

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The sales guys like Chris, Keith and mike are great. If you want to order a be don’t think of it as supporting jeff but supporting the hardworking employees under him

Problem is it IS supporting Jeff, and he also calls all the shots on everything so if you have a problem he is who makes the decisions. I bounced a lot of emails with my rep talking about guitars and literally every question was, "Well let me check with Jeff and I'll get back to you."

I've been having the same debate myself since I like the new designs quite a bit :lol: