Kiesel ZEUS Bolt on headless waaaaaaaaaaaaaat

• Thread starter MrHelloGuitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Great info! Would be doable as you say but I might just opt to see if Ethan has seen a lithium baseplate or send him one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

laxu

Reaction score
26071394_355445021594167_2045508170771595264_n.jpg

the back is a standard issued Kiesel bolt-on, doesn't look too comfy there IMHO.

This works a lot better. It hides the contours more. Seems to be another Kiesel model that just doesn't work with all finishes and looks best with more strings. The bass also looks more in proportion.

The Kiesel bolt-on heel, even though it doesn't look like it, is the absolute best bolt-on heel I've played. It is shaped in a way that it doesn't get in the way at all.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Well I ordered the first multiscale 8 string version within the first hour of release.I genuinely like this shape. I also like all my other Kiesels. I've never had a single problem with them.
My specs:
Ash Body
Antique Ash Treatment in Raw Tone (I wanted it to look like an old piece of wood)
3 piece walnut with purple heart stripe neck
Purpleheart Fretboard with Luminlay Inlays
Thinner Neck Profile
White pickups with black pole pieces
White over black drop shadow logo

MrHelloGuitar

Reaction score
Well I ordered the first multiscale 8 string version within the first hour of release.I genuinely like this shape. I also like all my other Kiesels. I've never had a single problem with them.
My specs:
Ash Body
Antique Ash Treatment in Raw Tone (I wanted it to look like an old piece of wood)
Thinner Neck Profile

That's gonna look siiiiiiiiiiiick

SamuraiShred

Reaction score
The more I see it, the more I like the guitar. How long does it take usually to get the guitar from the time you order it?

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
That white one makes me wish there was a white pickup covers option for their bass pickups.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely like these as a 7 and 8... wish they would have scaled the body so it was proportional though as a six that didn't look "off" would be awesome.

Also what is up with all the low grade poplar burl?

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Definitely like these as a 7 and 8... wish they would have scaled the body so it was proportional though as a six that didn't look "off" would be awesome.

Also what is up with all the low grade poplar burl?
I don't know what you're talking about, those are clearly 10A poplar burl tops :p

caspian

wanderer
Reaction score
Out of all the headless guitars I've seen it's definitely the one I hate the least. Yeah it's a fairly big, boaty, bloated sorta shape but i guess I'm a fairly big, bloated guy, so I feel like it fits!

Even the 25 million colour ones get 5/10, which for me, talking about gaudy kiesel guitars- that are headless!- is really high praise

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
My specs:
Ash Body
Thinner Neck Profile

So YOU’RE the one ordering all that nasty Antique Ash! :lol: I see a lot of it, and not being a fan of it myself, I didn’t know if it was hugely popular. (Also didn’t know it came in a raw tone option.)
At any rate, I agree with the others that the 8 looks faaaaar better proportioned that then 6 (or 7).
And you’ll have to do a Kiesel family shot when fat Uncle Zeus shows up.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
I personally like how the 8 string multiscale looks. But I’m wierd. But can someone tell me why in the hell gloss finish on the neck is standard? Is that a mistake in the builder or a ruse to get money because no one buying a headless guitar wants a gloss finish on it ?

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I personally like how the 8 string multiscale looks. But I’m wierd. But can someone tell me why in the hell gloss finish on the neck is standard? Is that a mistake in the builder or a ruse to get money because no one buying a headless guitar wants a gloss finish on it ?
satin finished neck is no charge right now iirc. :shrug: some people are so picky about neck finishes, I've got satin, oiled and gloss necks and they all feel great to me.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
satin finished neck is no charge right now iirc. :shrug: some people are so picky about neck finishes, I've got satin, oiled and gloss necks and they all feel great to me.

Not according to the builder they put up... actually compared to the Aries builder from a few days ago it looks like a LOT of things went up in price.

That said it also looks like they still have some work to do on the builder as on the 7 the option for a clear coated back and sides and a colored top like on most of the demo guitars is missing. It also looks like the elixir 10-52 7 string set isn't on there either.