Killer Guitars

• Thread starter crimson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
They used to make a 7-string Prime and I badly want one of those, but I've never seen one for sale.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Only cat I remember playing these back in the day was Takasaki from Loudness. I actually didn't know they were still around.

5a750c291bbc1a995976cc2b213afce5.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Akira Takasaki is the founder/owner of Killer Guitars. And given that he also has had good relations with ESP over the decades as an ESP artist, ESP co-owns and manufactures the Killer products.

ESP definitely maintains pretty high quality for the Killer brand given the price-points that Killer products come in at.

I've seen Killer really pop off since 2020 with a handful of new models, and a bunch of eye-catching finish options. So, I've kind of started casually keeping an eye out for when any of the Killer-branded stuff hits the used markets in Japan.

With that said, if they had more exposure and more appeal (in regards to retaining some level of perceived resale value) outside of Japan, specifically here in the USA, I would definitely consider snagging a few for my lineup.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
I didn't know that he was the owner of Killer, but I have seen him with ESP too. That all makes a lot of sense now. LOL.

Loudness rules.

TheDandy

Reaction score
They look pretty cool overall but that headstock is a sin

sumitagarwal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Way little info out there in the wild about these axes, which is unfortunate as they seem like a killer (🙄) way to get into ESP Japan quality for less.

At killer.jp they have most of the specs for the guitars but no fretboard radii listed for a lot of the models, like the Marquis. Anyone have any info on that?

Whoman Bean

Pointy only.
Reaction score
It says Hitler on a headstock and one of the models is called Fascist.
Reported.

manu80

Reaction score
buy some glasses before posting that, really
On the few comment I saw this morning, seems like it's gonna be a good day....😕

imyourpriest

Reaction score
Way little info out there in the wild about these axes, which is unfortunate as they seem like a killer (🙄) way to get into ESP Japan quality for less.

At killer.jp they have most of the specs for the guitars but no fretboard radii listed for a lot of the models, like the Marquis. Anyone have any info on that?
My KG-Fascinator (Saki signature 7) was 12", I think almost all ESP stuff is, at least out of Japan/US. I'm sure there are caveats though.