Km-7 mkiii vs RGD3127

• Thread starter Tzinskis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tzinskis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I pick up both of from guitar center to check out and decide which one to get. The Ibanez was on sale for great price price. I got the Schecter for about $300 off GC’s price. I thought for sure I’d like the Ibanez more. I love my prestige 6 string. But I can get into this neck at all and the pickups do not sound good. Is it crazy to spend over $1500 on a Korean made guitar? I’m really struggling with that. I almost want to keep the Ibanez because....well ... it’s a prestige. Thoughts?

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Now a days, I'd honestly put a lot of current Korean made guitars next to Prestiges. If you have both already, and enjoy the Schecter, then keep the Schecter... It seems silly to keep one guitar over the other based solely on where they were made even if you enjoy the other one more.

Musiscience

Reaction score
If you don't like it, well... you don't like it. Especially if you really don't like a neck. If you like the schecter, no shame in aquiring an indo guitar. The important thing is that you like it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tzinskis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah. It’s more of a mental thing. Much more prestigious to own a prestige than a Schecter.

benny

Ibanez RG Addict
Reaction score
Keep the Schecter if that's what you're enjoying. While I certainly buy up more than my own share of used prestiges, I wouldn't turn away a guitar I enjoy for being perceived as a lower tiered guitar. All instruments aren't made equal!

Tzinskis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Keep the Schecter if that's what you're enjoying. While I certainly buy up more than my own share of used prestiges, I wouldn't turn away a guitar I enjoy for being perceived as a lower tiered guitar. All instruments aren't made equal!

i hear ya on that. Schecter it is.

bzhang9

Reaction score
or just get a km I/II for like 600 bucks and don't feel bad for spending that much on an indo

Despite the specs and quality of the KM7 III artist, it is stupidly expensive for an indo import, just donating to the keith merrow fund I guess

mbardu

Reaction score
or just get a km I/II for like 600 bucks and don't feel bad for spending that much on an indo

Despite the specs and quality of the KM7 III artist, it is stupidly expensive for an indo import, just donating to the keith merrow fund I guess

Well i mean some of those Prestiges that are hardly finished at 2.5k are not necessarily much better value than a 1.5k Schecter...
But yeah, if you can grab one of those remaining KM-IIs , it doesn't get much better than that.

bzhang9

Reaction score
Well i mean some of those Prestiges that are hardly finished at 2.5k are not necessarily much better value than a 1.5k Schecter...
But yeah, if you can grab one of those remaining KM-IIs , it doesn't get much better than that.

why make up numbers...

KM7 artist is 1800, RGD3127 is 1600, RG752 is 1700, RG2027XL is 1800

not sure what you are referring to hardly finished, most would disagree

mbardu

Reaction score
why make up numbers...

KM7 artist is 1800, RGD3127 is 1600, RG752 is 1700, RG2027XL is 1800

not sure what you are referring to hardly finished, most would disagree

Up to you if you want to pick the absolute cheapest Ibanez Prestige models and compare to the absolute most expensive Schecter (by far).
I'm not making numbers up, the OP literally said in the first post that he could get the KM for 1500.

As for well finished or not, that's a small quip based on a number of Prestiges I've seen recently. But everyone is free to check both out and have their own opinion!

GuitarMegaFan

Reaction score
Here : the Schecter 7 string KM7 Mark 3 with Keith Merrow Fishman Fluence signature set!