Korg DTR-2, power's on, no one's home

• Thread starter MassNecrophagia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MassNecrophagia

has no friends
Reaction score
Okay, so I've got a DTR-2 fresh off of the e(GADS!)Bay. I picked it up cheap, and it was advertised as non-working so i'm not exactly throwing a fit.

Anyway, this little bastard powers up, and the whole front illuminates. Everything, every tick on the tuner part, everything. Now, it stays like this until I turn it off, looks like it was dropped and that this may be the cause of the issue.

Now, the power button works. At least something does :spock:

Nothing else seems to work. I've plugged into every hole :)lol:) and nothing seems to make a difference. I've held the calibrate button, pressed the calibrate button, offered the calibrate button drinks, loved the calibrate button, yelled at the calibrate button for making me give up my dreams, but nada. Did the same with the mute button. Pretty much went through every combination of ridiculousness available at the moment.

Someone help me. This is driving me to drink (more)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwatso89

Reaction score
have you opened it up and checked any of the components? maybe the input jack has come loose and thats why it doesnt respond to anything? just a thought :)

MassNecrophagia

has no friends
Reaction score
It occured to me that this may be the problem, but I don't really have any experience with how a DTR-2 is supposed to work. I'm looking for a schematic, but since neither of the input jacks work, I'm not quite sure if that's where the problem lies. :scratch:

Besides, opening it up is the last thing I want to do. I dunno, maybe I'll post in the electronics forum as well.