Korn - Love & Meth Sample

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
So, Korn's posted this on their facebook site:

This actually sounds quite promising, despite having crappy quality. This seems to be one of the heavier songs off of the new album. I especially dig the dark melody and the groove, OH THE GROOVE. Ìt's been a while since I've rocked my head to a Korn song like that, and that's just a little sample.

What do you think about it ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Oh yeah. That sounds like it might be what I was looking for in a new Korn record :yesway:
Groovy and dark as ....

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Maybe people will stop worrying now?

Hope so. This sounds great.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I do like Never Never but I wish they released this instead, the riffs sound KILLER. :hbang:

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Maybe people will stop worrying now?

Hope so. This sounds great.

I don't think Never Never is a really bad song, but I believe people have the right to "worry", since it's nothing anyone's expected now with Head back in the boat.

I think as Korn, you're at a point where you have to get back to your fans after all those "experiments". We all know Korn is evolving with every new album, but if you're reuniting with your original guitarist, people expect heavy, groovy riffs. It's that simple. The fans are what got Korn this far, and I think the members of the band know exactly what the majority of those fans want.

Still, Never Never was just "meh" for me. Love & Meth however sounds promising as hell, and is kind of teasing.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Hmm, not my thing. I was hoping with Head back in the fold they'd look back at what made their sound so good back in the day, and come out with something more akin to this;

I'm not saying they need to remake their old albums, but recapturing some of that rough and ready style would do them wonders. If anything, I think Korn have been way too slick these last few years.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Hmm, not my thing. I was hoping with Head back in the fold they'd look back at what made their sound so good back in the day, and come out with something more akin to this;

I'm not saying they need to remake their old albums, but recapturing some of that rough and ready style would do them wonders. If anything, I think Korn have been way too slick these last few years.

I totally agree. I miss the Korn of the early 90's myself, but you've gotta' take into consideration that they're older now. They're not the angry kids they used to be, bouncing around in Adidas wear and doing drugs etc. They've got families now, they've evolved mentally as well as musically. Of course, many bands have proven that you can still get pumping in their 40's.

I honestly think that this sample has a groove to it, and that's all Korn's been about for me. As long as they can make me go all bouncy like, for example, Chi did back on Life is Peachy, I'm good. Sure, the basement tone and overall harsher atmosphere to the older albums was awesome, but I don't think this can be replicated.

Just my two cents.

SD83

Reaction score
:agreed: This. The sample sounds great to me, but it's just 20 seconds. If you listen to the first 20 seconds of Blind... well, you can say pretty much nothing about the song.
As for changing my thoughts about the upcoming record... it didn't do much. I like Love & Death, Jonathans voice and Fieldy's bass, so I see a lot of potential, but I saw a lot of potential too for the previous record after the first single... "Never, never" was not that bad, but it's more the kind of "rock music" that local radio stations will play next to Foo Fighters and Queens of the stone age. There's a lot of stuff to be angry about even if you are 40+, have a wife and kids and need not to worry about money.
As for doing what the fans want... I think that is a game you can only lose. As an artist, at least, if not financially. The fans got them this far, true, but that happened because they liked what Korn did, not the other way around (at least for the first records. Not sure about the later ones). One guy wants them to go for the "Life is peachy" sound, others loved "Untouchables", I for one would love to hear a song similar to "Right now"... I really hope they try to do what they want. Not what they think we want.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
It's a really quiet sample, but that sounds a lot closer to what I was hoping for in a new KoRn album with Head back on board...I can't wait to hear more!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling that we will all be exceptionally pleased with Davis' vocals on this album. The little bits I have heard so far sounds absolutely amazing! :yesway:

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Yeah. Definitely sounds along the lines of Issues.

While that's still not really where I'd like them to be, I'll take it over where they've been any day (although, I did like Korn 3, and think that it would have been really great with Head's involvement)

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^Oh damn, it DOES rule. I really like the sound of that.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
YES! Head knows tone! Dat tone!

This is exactly what I love about Korn, groovy big heavy ballsy riffs and choruses that are absolutely HUGE! Vocals sound phuck'n excellent!

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Yeah! Love that! :bowdown: That's a good clip on Head, Munky and Jon talking about the process, too. Can't wait!!