Late NGD: Eganberg

• Thread starter Polythoral
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dwizted

7 Stringslinger
Reaction score
Jesus that is freaken awesome. I love that finish with tat fret board and neck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
That is a masterpiece - very, very nice! Congrats and enjoy it! :)

Djentlyman

Reaction score
First off, for such an ergonomic guitar, it just feels super uncomfortable/non-ergonomic to tune it when it any playing position..........using just the saddle adjustment screws it is hard to get a fairly low action. I lowered the screws all the way and still have it higher than ideal.

As a Strandberg owner I agree with you on these points. However that's an awesome finish. HNGD!!! :hbang:

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Coming from my experience with a headless 8 system that works similar to the strandberg:

The best way to go around not maxing the tuners is to experiment with the strings that max out and make sure you screw the tuning knob with only 2-3 turns (or anyways surely less than half the thread length) on the hollow shaft (with the external thread) that hosts the string,then insert the string,lock,tune etc.The easiest way is to do that a priori for all the strings :lol:

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar man! Happy NGD!! Is the pattern on the fretboard painted or is it the natural woodgrain? Because it looks SICK!
It's natural pale moon ebony!

Very nice!Which camera do you have?
All shots were taken with a Nikon D90. Most shots were with a simple cheap Nikkor 50mm/1.8 lens, although a few were done with a Micro Nikkor 60mm/2.8. I'm still very much a novice with photography, only just recently got multiple lenses and started practicing with manual settings a lot.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Nice review. It sounds like we're in agreement about the good and bad here. I'd definitely consider buying another guitar from Joe in the future once he's brushed up on the few areas we both came across.

Any idea what the Allen size is for the nut? I can't tell, and nothing I have seems to fit.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Nice review. It sounds like we're in agreement about the good and bad here. I'd definitely consider buying another guitar from Joe in the future once he's brushed up on the few areas we both came across.

Any idea what the Allen size is for the nut? I can't tell, and nothing I have seems to fit.

I can get about a 3mm to work, though it doesn't feel perfect. Definitely don't want to strip it out or anything, but it's all I can find that fits at all that I have.

Levi79

Reaction score
That thing came out gorgeous dude! A bit of a bummer about the issues though.

jimwratt

Reaction score
A perfect instrument. Those "imperfections" are human.

Latest posts