Left handed 8 string ESP 308 you say?

• Thread starter stuglue
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuglue

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Well I've been trying to acquire a left handed ESP 308 here in the UK.
Impossible task, yup certainly is.
Despite contacting several music stores I've finally had a reply as to their availability, or not as is the case.
Here is the email reply I received from ESP UK.
I had asked that if I had to get one custom built could they build it minus a tone control.
The H-208 and H-308 are LTD models and are NOT able to be altered in any way and is not available in the UK as a left hand model right now but may be later in the year. This model with the requested changes would have to be an ESP custom shop and would RRP for anywhere between £3K and £6K so if the customer has that kind of money then I will request a quote from ESP otherwise we cannot help
3 to 6 grand!
Looks like I'll play the waiting game and see if they announce one later in the year

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AwakenNoMore

Wrong Handed
Reaction score
With ESP's poor lefty track record I wouldn't bet on it. Look into Carvins, that's where my 8-string money is going as soon as I sell my project car.

djinn314

Reaction score
I would go with the Carvin before I went with ESP. If you're gonna get something custom made, at least they have the build quality and reputation at least in my opinion

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
He lives in Europe. A Carvin would cost him nearly as much as an ESP custom :lol:.

gulli05

Music/Guitar Addict
Reaction score
The selection of Lefty LTD models is not very good. However any ESP (as in ESP series, not LTD series) is available in left-handed version. I learned this when I ordered my ESP Horizon FR7.

At the moment your only bet for an ESP 8-String is custom shop or the STEF-B8 signiture model of Stephan Carpenter.

It would be awesome if they did release more 8-Strings both in general for ESP series and in Lefty for LTD series.

From what I have heard Carvins are extremely expensive to get to europe through a dealer.

How much is your budget by the way?

summit101

Reaction score
any ESP (as in ESP series, not LTD series) is available in left-handed version. I learned this when I ordered my ESP Horizon FR7.
are you saying we can go to any ESP dealer and order any ESP model, just like that??

gulli05

Music/Guitar Addict
Reaction score
are you saying we can go to any ESP dealer and order anything ESP, just like that??

According the the information I got through my Icelandic ESP Dealer. They are capable of providing any ESP Standard / Original / Custom Series guitar or bass in a left-handed edition. There is a catch though. There is a certain waiting/build-time. It is usually around 3-6 months depending on the situation down at the company and how many orders of lefty guitars there is.

For both my ESP Horizon FR-II and ESP Horizon FR7 it was 6 months waiting/build-time.

Please do note this does not apply to LTDs. There are only a select few models which they make of LTDs that are Left-handed. I can't quite remember which though.

stuglue

Reaction score
Hi guys budget is about £600-700.
In terms of ESP I had reply back from the rep today to say that there's little chance of a lefty version of the new LTD series that came out at NAMM.
If I want a custom shop it'll cost £3000-6000!

summit101

Reaction score
if i ever get a STEF-B8 ill be sure to share the info. this may happen.

Brohoodofsteel75

Reaction score
Go Carvin man. They look Sooo sexy. Plus it's cheaper than having ESP do a lefty for you. Or if you want to spend even less go Agile, but the Carvins look, sound, and are better in every way.

stuglue

Reaction score
I like the look of the carvin models that have been posted here. Not sure if any guitar stores stock them our whether carvin distributes guitars in three UK. I have emailed kurt at rondo to see what I can get from agile and how costly it would be to ship over the Atlantic

summit101

Reaction score
turns out the STEF-B8 is 4k+15%. for that price range id rather just go with a Mayones Regius 8.

gulli05

Music/Guitar Addict
Reaction score
turns out the STEF-B8 is 4k+15%. for that price range id rather just go with a Mayones Regius 8.

There is also the RAN Crusher 6/7/8-strings or the Crusher fanned fret 8-string. Just to let you know. :)

The Norsemen

A Viking
Reaction score
need the 27" scale, personally!

The 8 string Crushers have a 28" Scale
1" more isnt a ridiculous stretch, and can only be a good thing for 8s
Starting at 1080 Euros I saw those as a pretty good deal.
The specs look good on paper and the guitars themselves are both beautiful and brutal IMO
Edit: They're Brootiful lol
Ran Guitars Crusher

summit101

Reaction score
The 8 string Crushers have a 28" Scale
1" more isnt a ridiculous stretch, and can only be a good thing for 8s
Starting at 1080 Euros I saw those as a pretty good deal.
The specs look good on paper and the guitars themselves are both beautiful and brutal IMO
Edit: They're Brootiful lol
Ran Guitars Crusher

it would be 1.5 more. im using a modded schecter blackjack atm. but maybe i would consider 28". im still experimenting with it coming from 7 string bar/open chording. it will still be some time before i move on from schecter, especially with how i have it set up right now.

summit101

Reaction score
plus im in G (not dropped) 8 string tuning. i dont mind dropping the 7th and 8th on a bit shorter scale with it being slightly looser. suits the playing style when in the dropped tuning anyway.

edit* plus i play with D'Addario EXL130 Extra Super Light and .054, .075 on a shorter scale length. i really dont need a lot of tension to play comfortable. all preference really.

AwakenNoMore

Wrong Handed
Reaction score
considering your budget i would highly suggest you look at the Schecter 8 strings, even the bottom line Omen 8 is supposedly quite good.

stuglue

Reaction score
Hi, yes, Schecter is looking like the most obvious route I'll end up taking, plenty of shops can get then in the uk. I think im going to wait and see if they release a lefty version of the omen 2012 version as I'd prefer that one as it looks like they've shaped the heel significantly and because its a cheap model I'll rip out the stock pickups and instal a pair of dimarzio