Let's go 22! Post the ugliest Kiesel ever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can I choose enough bursts, bevels, and gold to get this shit up to Alembic prices?

zappatton2

Reaction score
It's funny how most designated custom shops don't tend to turn out quite this volume of ugliness, but then, most custom shops will charge you in a range of $7000 to $12,000 for an order. Maybe if Kiesel rendered themselves unaffordable, a few more "sober second thoughts" might win out.

The weird part is they have a virtual guitar builder, so it's not like "I'm visualizing in my mind's eye" how it will turn out, then have it turn out uglier than you anticipated. You can actually see the end product before you even start!

Marked Man

Reaction score
It's funny how most designated custom shops don't tend to turn out quite this volume of ugliness, but then, most custom shops will charge you in a range of $7000 to $12,000 for an order. Maybe if Kiesel rendered themselves unaffordable, a few more "sober second thoughts" might win out.

The weird part is they have a virtual guitar builder, so it's not like "I'm visualizing in my mind's eye" how it will turn out, then have it turn out uglier than you anticipated. You can actually see the end product before you even start!

I believe I've located a portrait of one of the K "Dream Guitar" customers:

R.0d7051bf080a1fee7aad665b46d0deb2

Thrilled by tha Quilt, without a doubt....

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Yeah, and plant a tree on the day you publish the ad.

It will be mighty tree towering over your house before it sells near that price... 😣
Average PRS Private Stock Reverb listing

Originally bought 1 month ago for 12000, what a steal at 11000 11500 9500 9000 8000 7500 6000
Posted over a year ago

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I don’t know what an Alembic costs, but the highest I got was a bit over $9,100 USD.

View attachment 146241
View attachment 146242
It could be higher.
-Change the 7-piece neck to a one-piece flamed maple (Roasted flamed maple would be even higher, but it's currently on sale)
-Malibu or Solana stain is more expensive than the spray-booth-done fades (an off-menu stain-based "Jeff to do" finish would be higher, though)
- I *think* the priciest body is a one-piece roasted ash, with RNC and gloss.
- You may already have, but did you do a satin neck with the gloss body? The satin neck is pricier.

Marked Man

Reaction score
Average PRS Private Stock Reverb listing

Originally bought 1 month ago for 12000, what a steal at 11000 11500 9500 9000 8000 7500 6000
Posted over a year ago

Greatest guitar EVER! My loss, your gain....

I have an uncle who is one such rocket surgeon when it comes to financial decisions, although down the scale a bit.

In his 20s/30s when his income was very modest, he'd buy a brand spankin' new Les Paul or a nice 12-string or dirt bike almost every other year (on credit), then sell them at a HORRENDOUS loss within a year or less every time.

Even as a teenager and later college student, I'd tell him you are losing money every time! He'd always say "it's not your money, what do you care?".

Dum-ass. He's even more broke today.

😵

Buying a new max price spec'd out K-Dream and then believing you can get a similar resale price for your tasteless "custom" shitplank is a similar exercise.