Limp Bizkit — "Gold Cobra" Album Review 5 out of 5 stars

• Thread starter MYGFH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
My take-

The good-
Wes once again wrote some killer riffs and has some great tone. His creativity shines bright as usual. I really dig some of the hip hop drum beats laid down with the metal riffage. Great sound. For the first time in A LONG TIME- there are some songs in here that are catchy enough to stick with you. I think Gold Cobra is a really cool tune

The bad-
FRED DURST. Lame and uncreative lyrics that often times make no sense whatsoever. Im not trying to be a hater but this guy really drops this band down quite a few notches for me. That being said in all fairness, this is one of his better albums I thought. He isnt as corny at times and his whiney bitchy rapping isnt ruining every track. He actually wrote some decent and catchy stuff.

All in all- Not bad. I grew up in the era of nu-metal so its always nice to see one of the biggest names of that genre to come back and still put forth a solid effort.

jkspawn

The Real Thing
Reaction score
I'm digging the new LB more and more. I also think Results May Vary was a highly underrated album and had some of Fred's best lyrics.

Does anyone remember that LB documentary that aired on VH1 back in 2002-2003? It was basically the making of RMV. The guitarist search process, in the studio with mike smith, Fred trying to play guitar, first shows with Mike, etc. Ive never been able to find this online anywhere. :scream:

templton89

russki 3Dartist dude
Reaction score
So, uh. That song is bland as fuck, and Fred Durst can still not rap for shit. How do you not learn how to rap in 10+ years?

Wes is the fucking man though.

he was too busy learnig guitar

i can definitely some progress

meh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MI-_jWAmlE

eh? (4:15 mark)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XzZ0hAugK8

:lol::lol::lol:

all in all i like new album. it is what it is, bizkit. Especially since I couldn't listen to "results may vary" or "unquestionable truth".

I think LB should team up with Die Antwoord and make a few songs :lol:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Even not for what it is, it's damned catchy and Wes always has awesome tone :lol: Sure, Fred is a 'tard, but that's half the fun/stupidity :D

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
It wouldn't be LB without Fred's ridiculousness.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Haha, Shark Attack is hilariously good.

The whole bit after he goes "shut it downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" is fucking comedy gold.

Love it.

Edit - Listened to the whole album now and it's awesome. :cool: