Line 6 announcement on January 23rd. New amp?

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_D_

Reaction score
Remember, I'm just speculating off the images we've been shown so far.
I expect the simulation "control" be pretty similar to the rather good digitech G90, just in amp form.

One other thought is that , given all the PA/live tech they've been putting out with sensing wedges/monitors and what not, It wouldn't surprise me if there's some kind of integration with that possibly by routing audio to the PA system with IR processing, or optionally being able to use their Wedge/monitor/etc with the unit itself (with associated processing).

Here's hoping that its a rackmount simulation / poweramp / tone matching unit, similar to the kemper, but with the tweakability of the axefx with setup and control being done via bluetooth phone apps.

I just hope its not a nice looking box hiding a HD500 and some tricks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
As have I. From what I understand iOS integration is just a part of it and not the meat of it. Though from the teasers, it looks like beaming a la TC Electronic pedals is going to be a part of the amp (as in, be able to load settings on your phone and send them to the amp)

Wait until the reveal, if this does what I think it does it is going to be REALLY cool
Will android owners not be punished for disliking apple products is my main question. I get that android can be tacky to make work for low latency audio (though it can be done, don't be fooled) but we shouldn't have to subscribe to a company like apple just to get full use out of a non apple product.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If this is similar to TC's Toneprint stuff, then it better come to Android. Since it's just for saving and downloading presets, there's no reason Android's shitty audio software would prevent it.

Nakon14

Smells like updog
Reaction score
Will android owners not be punished for disliking apple products is my main question. I get that android can be tacky to make work for low latency audio (though it can be done, don't be fooled) but we shouldn't have to subscribe to a company like apple just to get full use out of a non apple product.

Not sure, the iOS Toneprint part is just what I took from the promo shots considering the menus on the device screens look exactly how TC's Toneprint ones do. Now, I only have experience with iOS, but is TC Electronic's Toneprint app available for Android? Regardless, I'm cautiously optimistic that this will work for both iOS and Android.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
so, physical amp with some sort of tone matching? (I assume to songs on your phone or something, and then maybe wireless control of the patches on your phone).

I wonder if this means new models, or if they're just tweaking the HD models or something.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
My hope is the modeling is minimal, with more control over various HD processors via L6 link to integrated the wireless stuff (therefore making it not necessary, but useful if available. Mostly I hope its a reasonably priced FRFR solution for guitar that is STEREO! I don't need my soundstage to be spread out like PA speakers, but I would like to use some Ping-Pong delay from time-to-time.

Insinfier

Reaction score
file.jpeg

As someone who has had to use a smartphone to surf the webz these last few weeks: I ....ing hate phones.

celticelk

Reaction score
I'm still convinced that we're seeing an optional phone interface to a new physical amp. See the "remote" button in the lower right? A remote for *what*? The icon is an amp knob, so I infer that the Remote feature on the app shows you the current setting on the amp and allows you to tweak it in real time - manual mode, as opposed to preset editing. That's in keeping with the knob design shown in the very first image, which looks like a rotary encoder rather than a traditional pot. If all the knobs operate that way, then remote control is a very simple proposition (as opposed to the old days, when you'd have to rig something up to actuate a knob-turning motion).

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
I'm still convinced that we're seeing an optional phone interface to a new physical amp. See the "remote" button in the lower right? A remote for *what*? The icon is an amp knob, so I infer that the Remote feature on the app shows you the current setting on the amp and allows you to tweak it in real time - manual mode, as opposed to preset editing. That's in keeping with the knob design shown in the very first image, which looks like a rotary encoder rather than a traditional pot. If all the knobs operate that way, then remote control is a very simple proposition (as opposed to the old days, when you'd have to rig something up to actuate a knob-turning motion).

if a TV remote makes sense, one for guitar does too, and if that's all it is I am excited, but I still hope it has an android version too

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
My current ideal setup is to have a laptop on top of my cab to tweak my pod through it while playing. If I can do it on an iDevice of some sort instead, then that's just better!

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Line 6 have given up on making intuitive designs on the amps and just have PC's/phones do it now.

I mean it's so easy to setup a pod on a PC but I still can't figure out how to set an expression pedal up with out my PC.

TeeWX

All The Br00tz
Reaction score
One more day until mass disappointment.

Anyone heard anything new? This gets released tomorrow!