This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Hopefully stores put this out so I get to try it, I can't imagine going back to line 6 but if it does what it says it would be a great *I can't afford an axe-fx right now* alternative.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Just got an e-mail from Line 6 telling me to come try the new Pod at the LA Amp show tomorrow and Sunday... shoot! I dunno if I can make it lol. While this would be cool, the real reason for me to go is to check out the Egnater Armageddon!

Krankguitarist

Reaction score
I bought one.

From sweetwater. Hopefully it'll be in stock in the next week or so.

I'll post a review after I've had a little time to spend with it.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I bought one. ...I'll post a review after I've had a little time to spend with it.

You mean a review after actually having one's hands on it? How can that possibly compare to all the endless speculation on the part of those who have never seen one in person?

Or...

Why waste the time to be well informed, when ignorance is spontaneous?

*laugh*

I look forward to actually hearing from someone who has played it. That's probably just me, though. *laugh*

Krankguitarist

Reaction score
^ worry not, I'm not a big fan of my x3. Lots of convenience factor, not a lot of "OMG AWESOMEZZZ"

I'm hoping this product will fill that gap. Not expecting. Cautiously optimistic.

At the very least, I'll have all the FX from the M13 that I loved so much back.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I'm really interested to check out the Line6 DT50. Hopefully the DT50 and HD's will hit store soon.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You mean a review after actually having one's hands on it? How can that possibly compare to all the endless speculation on the part of those who have never seen one in person?

Or...

Why waste the time to be well informed, when ignorance is spontaneous?

*laugh*

I look forward to actually hearing from someone who has played it. That's probably just me, though. *laugh*

:rofl:

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
I just found this link from the sneap forum... Here are some POD HD500 clips that Chris Beaver was kind enough to shell out for the people dying to actually hear the unit under non-shitty conditions (i.e. anything Line 6 has put up thus far).

Here's his post...
My Pod HD500 clips - The Gear Page

And here are the clips... :yesway:
Music page of chris beaver - MP3 music page on SoundClick

Please take note that those are all from default settings according to the guy that posted it, and he has a mini-review on the link as well.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I hope this isn't THAT awesome. Recently got a GSP1101... :ugh:

Further yet, I haven't been able to get a djent tone that the Engl Powerball sim on that would offer... I really need a rack format though. Eh. I haven't updated my GSP in while, so maybe I'll end up being surprised. Gotta get a USB cable though...

Holy Katana

Wait, what?
Reaction score
That 65 Clean Blackface clip sounded nice. Why do all of the clips sound so low-quality, though? It sounds like the models themselves are rather nice-sounding, it's just that they're using a Variax and shitty audio quality.

EDIT: Actually, it sounds like most of the clean and low-gain clips sound pretty good.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
* Awaits the endless berating of tone without considering how shitty L6 clips are, and they used a Variax :)ugh):.*

Hahaha it is so true! For some reason Line 6 has a bad habit of putting bad sound clips on their page. I honestly think that once you get comfortable with working with line 6 stuff and tweeking it a bit here and there you can get some great tones out of them. To add on that they use the variax guitar which is pretty crappy lol.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Quickly browsed through the manual. I dig that the JCM800 looks to be "not-rodded" (not hot-rodded). But, doesn't look like it does dual tones?

EDIT: read too quickly. The HD500 says it can run up to 8 FXs and 2 amps.

Holy Katana

Wait, what?
Reaction score
Here's another demo; it sounds a lot better, in my opinion. The lack of Variax seems to make a big difference.

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
So...just placed my order at Thomann.de for a HD500. As soon as they gotthem in they will ship.
Look forward to a small review once I got mine and played around with it a bit and some clips in combination with 8 strings. Lets see how wellit can handle that.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score