This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shanike

Reaction score
I have an Axe-fx II which I use live and at home, and have to carry it to the rehearsal place everytime.
I'm seriously tempted to get this baby and keep it at the rehearsal place permanently.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
I have an HD500 which is essentially the same brains and i love it. Dont let yourself get discouraged when you first get it. There are a LOT of options to tweak and unless you're really good at dialing in tones you will probably have a difficult time getting what you want out of it at first. HOWEVER it has waaay more than enough potential to get any tone you want once you figure out how to use it.

Get it. Thats about all i have to say :lol:

osmosis2259

Reaction score
Interesting

Yeah I have a hard time getting that gritty bass tone that you would hear in Meshuggah, Periphery, etc so I just used the guitar patch lol

Other than that I don't even really use any specific patch when I record the bass. I just plug in and go :yesway:

Usernames sucks

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a pod hd500, and when i practice i go straight into my roland micrucube and use the "treadplate" (mesa boogie rectifier) for all of my distortion presets. Im satisfied whith how it sounds. The problem is that, when i unplugg the roland cube, plug my pod hd500 into my pc with usb, switch on studio/direct mode, and load a mesa rectifier, no matter how i set the settings, it just soundss super metallic, even more metalic than the "djent" sound. Im in standard tuning, and heres an example of wat music i record: http://m.soundcloud.com/kjartan-thorkildsen/carpal-tunnel-syndrome
Can anyone help me? I usally like that periphery guitar sound, and my usual tone is very midrange based, with mids almost on full (i do NOT want a scooped sound). The problem is just that it gets exremely metallic, something that its not when plugged into the roland cube (my pickups are dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire)

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
You have to make the track public so people can listen.

It sounds like you might have a setting wrong, perhaps the cab sim is turned off? edit: ninja'd

Usernames sucks

Reaction score
Going direct with pid hd500 without sounding too metallic?
Hi guys, i have a pod hd500, and when i practice i go straight into my roland micrucube and use the "treadplate" (mesa boogie rectifier) for all of my distortion presets. Im satisfied whith how it sounds. The problem is that, when i unplugg the roland cube, plug my pod hd500 into my pc with usb, switch on studio/direct mode, and load a mesa rectifier, no matter how i set the settings, it just soundss super metallic, even more metalic than the "djent" sound. Im in standard tuning, and heres an example of wat music i record: http://m.soundcloud.com/kjartan-thorkildsen/carpal-tunnel-syndrome
Can anyone help me? I usally like that periphery guitar sound, and my usual tone is very midrange based, with mids almost on full (i do NOT want a scooped sound). The problem is just that it gets exremely metallic, something that its not when plugged into the roland cube (my pickups are dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire)

Insinfier

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I can't go to your soundcloud link. Link is broken on my computer due to the link being shortened.

wakjob

Reaction score
Which Roland Cube? Are you running it into the FX loop return? AND using a cab sim?