This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
@Sucky Username

If you are using an interface to your PC, try NOT using the USB. Use the 1/4 inch outputs instead.

Report back.

Oh, and the big question: What monitors do you have with your computer/DAW.

Usernames sucks

Reaction score
I have used the xlr out for the most part, but i have the same problem with usb and 1/4". My monitors are krk rockit 5.

Chuck

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to get a Pod HD Pro, but I was wondering if maybe the HD500 is a better idea since it has a floorboard and is like $200 cheaper? I really like the idea of having the HD Pro up in a rack on my desk, but then I'd have to buy a floorboard (FBV Shortboard MKII) which is another $200 or so I believe. I'd be pairing either the HD Pro or HD500 with an Alto TS115A, so I'm just wondering which is the better idea. I really like the idea of the HD Pro more, but the HD500 is much cheaper and seems more practical.

posted that again since no one saw last one

Insinfier

Reaction score
Get the one that is more convenient for you. Sounds like you're leaning towards the HD500.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I made a recording today trying to get a Gojirish sound, still need some serious adjustements (specially the drums)

amps used where the dual Rec and the Uber straight in with nothing in between and set to a stupidly high amount of Gain (at least for me, I set it in 50%) I used Redwirez Impulses though :/ (Mesa and 5150 Cabs)

https://soundcloud.com/kamello-chm/backbone

tell me what you guys think :D (I still think it needs some more 'Grit', and I don't know how to get it)

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
I had a bit of an interesting idea for using a Pod HD PRO, and was wondering if any of you could weigh in and tell me if it was even possible or not.

I'm aiming to have a regular tube amp (EVH 5150 III) for the core of my tone, with the Pod doing everything else, from boosts and wahs to modulation and delays. I know just running the Pod in the effects loop of the amp wouldn't work, as that means anything that goes in front of the amp wouldn't sound right, and vice-versa. So, I had this idea on how to wire it all up so that it handled all the effects, and functioned sorta like a self-contained pedalboard.

Guitar-> Pod HD PRO main input (Amp, cab, and mic sims off)-> POD FX loop Send to 5150 input-> 5150 FX loop Send to Pod FX loop Return-> Pod main out to EVH FX loop Return-> EVH main out to cab.

Opinions? Comments? Questions? Do you think it'd work? Am I just being an idiot?

Cheers!

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Well, I was unaware of it before, but then I guess this is a thing. Good!

EDIT: And now I'm wondering which Midi controller would be best, as both the 5150 III and Pod HD Pro are midi controllable, and I figure controlling both of them at the same time would be easier than tapdancing between the Amp footswitch and Pod Footswitch

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Can't the POD send MIDI messages out to control the amp?

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't seem to. Maybe get a UnO or Euro-modded Behringer FCB1010, Rocktron MIDI Mate, or Rocktron MIDI Raider.

HolidayKiller

Reaction score
Works for me
photogptj.jpg

ilovefinnish

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just got myself a POD HD Pro :) . Currently I only have a 2x12 Vader cab which first I was going to sell it to buy me an Alto TS112A but since I don't play live I think it'll be overkill and way much loud for my bedroom. Now I am thinking of selling it and get me a pair of some KRK Rokit 6 Powered Studio Monitors, my main goal is to record and being able to play through them without the need of turning my pc sometimes.
My questions are: Is it possible to use them without a pc like with an Alto ts112a?
If it is possible, is there an issue if I connect a 1/4 inch cable from the HD pro unbalanced outputs to the KRK balanced TRS input? Instead of using XLR cables.
For stereo sound, do I just have to connect the left output to one KRK monitor and the right output to the other one? And how to connect to a single monitor and get Mono sound?

thanks, I'm new to pod's world and studio monitors.

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
Pod HD Pro has MIDI Out/Thru so if you connect the Pod to a MIDI controller (for ex. FCB1010), you could control also 5150 connecting it to the Out/Thru on the Pod. But I'm not 100% sure...