JoshuaKaroshi

Karoshi
Reaction score
So... At this point in the game, is it pretty much decided that Line 6 wont be giving us any more updates/models for the HD series?

If so... Those lil shits.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AaronGraves

Reaction score
My bassist let me borrow his Schecter Hellraiser Devil 8, and this is what I did yesterday. Nothing fancy, but it's heavy as hell! What do you guys think? All the tones are 100% POD HD Pro! :hbang:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/aaron-graves/drop-f-yeah[/SC]

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
So... At this point in the game, is it pretty much decided that Line 6 wont be giving us any more updates/models for the HD series?

If so... Those lil shits.

Probably, yeah. I'm guessing we'll see more units with these same models on them for a while. Probably more effects and stuff. Maybe more models, but not on these units.

mr_fruitbowl

Reaction score
I've submitted ticket to line6 but hoping I might get some help here.

My POD HD is not working when I connect it to my PC, unable to use POD HD edit, etc. I can still use the pedal fine when connecting the guitar and playing, all other features besides USB seem to be working fine.

Normally when a USB device is connected to windows it will make the sound and windows will search for drivers, none of this happens. I've tried multiple computers/changing the USB cable and still nothing.

It's as if there is no power coming from the USB connection, like the USB port itself is broken/faulty. Is there anything I can do?

Are there any detailed schematics so that I can attempt to investigate what's going on internally? Is this a known issue?

Do some units have faulty USB ports? Please help as I really want to use this feature.

WiLD

Reaction score
Are you using the S/PDIF out or via USB? If you're using the S/PDIF output, in Global Options there's a setting where you can set the output volume. If you're using POD's ASIO drivers, go to Control Panel and enter the settings of the mentioned driver. There must be options of input volume as well as monitoring level. Also, check Reaper's mixer to see if the input is leveled on 0 db.

I have it connected via usb and the volume is fine through my speakers, I'll definitely try changing control panel settings and check the mixer when I get home, thanks a lot

Reaction score
I've submitted ticket to line6 but hoping I might get some help here.

My POD HD is not working when I connect it to my PC, unable to use POD HD edit, etc. I can still use the pedal fine when connecting the guitar and playing, all other features besides USB seem to be working fine.

Normally when a USB device is connected to windows it will make the sound and windows will search for drivers, none of this happens. I've tried multiple computers/changing the USB cable and still nothing.

It's as if there is no power coming from the USB connection, like the USB port itself is broken/faulty. Is there anything I can do?

Are there any detailed schematics so that I can attempt to investigate what's going on internally? Is this a known issue?

Do some units have faulty USB ports? Please help as I really want to use this feature.

Is there a middle-square in the POD's USB port? That's where the connectors are and lots of people here claims it gets broken easily.

AaronGraves

Reaction score
You guys are probably tired of me posting stuff haha, but too bad! I'm really digging this 8 string! So heavy! \m/

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/aaron-graves/more-8-heaviness[/SC]

mr_fruitbowl

Reaction score
Is there a middle-square in the POD's USB port? That's where the connectors are and lots of people here claims it gets broken easily.

Thanks for the reply. No, there is no middle square, which comes on 99% of USB ports.

I'm guessing this causes a risk of the positive and negative touching? if they did touch could that be causing my issue? Is the USB screwed?

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Freshly tweaked guitar and bass tones, new EQ techniques, here is the result

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/kane-wolf/getting-somewhere-with-my[/sc]

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. No, there is no middle square, which comes on 99% of USB ports.

I'm guessing this causes a risk of the positive and negative touching? if they did touch could that be causing my issue? Is the USB screwed?

As you correctly guessed, your USB port is broken. I don't think it even gets into short circuit since connectors are gone. If you have the possibility, try to take it to Line 6 repair. If you're unable, a decent electronics repair shop can do the job. Or even if you're average skilled in soldering, and are a structured person when it comes to dissasembling something, you could gain access to the main board and replace it. Of course, I recommend the other solutions.

Good luck and let us know how did it go.

AnavarOfficial

DeathSlamCoreMetal
Reaction score
been thinking out jumping on the modeling train

The axe fx just look to complex for me :scratch:

thinking of throwing a pro x, with a g90 and a matrix 800gtx in a nice little rack and saving my lower back deadlifting my 1960a+b cabs every time we jam.:lol:

HOGANMW

Innovation Threat
Reaction score
POD's FX loop is a shithole. I run my EHX,ECC82 booster, ISP D2 before POD and 31-band EQ in stereo mode after POD

Attachments

• IMG_3157_1555x1037.jpg
    IMG_3157_1555x1037.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3158_1555x1037.jpg
    IMG_3158_1555x1037.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 55

jimwratt

Reaction score
I'm thinking the HD line has about 12-18 months of current production life until it's replaced with something else based on Line 6 release history? Seem plausible?

eastguitar

Reaction score
Hi friends!!!

This is my Chrono Trigger OST cover!!!!! Recorded with POD HD Pro.
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/estebansoto/elements-chrono-trigger-cover[/SC]

Thanks!!!