jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score
Heres some links to a few more demo's I stumbled across from the same thread I linked to earlier, but from a different guy (HKR2007)

Dual Rec. - http://rapidshare.com/files/422882870/Recto_POD_HD500.mp3?bin=1
Bogner Uberschall - http://rs289l33.rapidshare.com/files/422891264/Bogner__berschall_POD_HD500.mp3
Highwatt 100 - http://rs252tl3.rapidshare.com/files/422961797/Hiwatt_Tube_Driver_POD_HD500.mp3
Engl Fireball - http://rs61l33.rapidshare.com/files/422600856/ENGL_PODHD500.mp3

I like.
woah, that shit sounds monsterous :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Good to know it still has that lovely line 6 gain fizz / hiss that I sold my line 6 because of xD

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Good to know it still has that lovely line 6 gain fizz / hiss that I sold my line 6 because of xD

lo-pass filter?

It all sounds pretty terrible to me. Even the "good" clips.

sounds like there is a decent amount of improvement on the high-gain tones over the previous pod, and I think the cleans sound pretty good. good enough for me for practice and such.

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
Dude, that looks JUST like a freakin X3....They STILL basically just repackaged their old shit... They couldn't even make it look different. -1

Zehailiu

Reaction score
Sounds pretty decent to me, not as good as the AFX but if people have had more time to dial it in we should expect better quality clips, right?

Krankguitarist

Reaction score
*under getaway_fromme*^ Books, by their cover, must be judged, eh?

How different, exactly, do you believe it *should* look? Would it sound better with a different paint job?

Anyways, one thing sticks out to me: it seems like all the Recto clips I've heard thus far have been mid-cut and gain-dimed to hell. I have a roadster. I know that my roadster sounds like shit when I mid-cut and gain-dime it to hell. This is no damning factor for me.

Anywho, I thought that the ENGL clip there sounded like it held some potential. I'll just have to wait and see, when I get mine in the mail.

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
*under getaway_fromme*^ Books, by their cover, must be judged, eh?

How different, exactly, do you believe it *should* look? Would it sound better with a different paint job?

Duh.....Or else we would get bored of having the same boring looking crap. And it may have the potential of sounding better than the X3, don't get me wrong, but it mostly just looks (outside AND software interface) like an X3 pro. It sounds pretty similar as well. That's not a bad thing. I like my X3, but this doesn't exactly look like a new product, sans the I/O, catch my drift?

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
Duh.....Or else we would get bored of having the same boring looking crap. And it may have the potential of sounding better than the X3, don't get me wrong, but it mostly just looks (outside AND software interface) like an X3 pro. It sounds pretty similar as well. That's not a bad thing. I like my X3, but this doesn't exactly look like a new product, sans the I/O, catch my drift?

You should email fender, marshall, gibson, esp, schecter and ibanez and let them know how you feel. They keep putting out that same damned strat and tele shape and Fender and Marshall always make their amps look the same or sometimes even sound the same with varying options.

Do you realize how many people would give Line 6 a huge amount of shit if they ditched they niche they had carved out for themselves thus far? Physically and tonally?

And tell me what is wrong with how they organized their boards? i think they are quite well laid out.

Furthermore, thats like complaining all rack gear looks the same or the Line 6 bean looks too much like....a bean.

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
You should email fender, marshall, gibson, esp, schecter and ibanez and let them know how you feel. They keep putting out that same damned strat and tele shape and Fender and Marshall always make their amps look the same or sometimes even sound the same with varying options.

Do you realize how many people would give Line 6 a huge amount of shit if they ditched they niche they had carved out for themselves thus far? Physically and tonally?

And tell me what is wrong with how they organized their boards? i think they are quite well laid out.

Furthermore, thats like complaining all rack gear looks the same or the Line 6 bean looks too much like....a bean.

I see your point to a degree, but I never mentioned that I don't like how the board was organized, so you're just pontificating for no good reason...

Even in their niche, I would like the next Product to stick out from the previous, of which, this one does not at all. So please step down from your soapbox.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Even in their niche, I would like the next Product to stick out from the previous, of which, this one does not at all. So please step down from your soapbox.

So, "basically" gibson, fender, marshall, ibanez, engl, macintosh, (any brand in any area I guess) etc etc should ditch all of their signature design elements and just start fresh with every new product or else it's "repackaged old shit -1"? Is that what you're saying? There is a bit of reasoning behind reusing design elements, I'm guessing you already know this though.. a little something called brand recognition.

/confused.

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
Yup, there's a reason, but we're not talking about something relatively "artistic" like a guitar, which is relished for being Vintage etc. Basically more as a work of art than a pedal IMO. We're talking about digital, which is only good for how much CPU and memory it has to run presets and so forth. In comparison, the electric guitar hasn't REALLY changed all that much compared to amp modeling. They are not the same thing. And yes, in comparison, the newest Mac laptop would have to be a great deal faster than it's precessor to warrant it's MSRP....and they generally look a great deal "cooler" than the previous. Oh, and when I say shit, it means stuff. Calm down.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly don't f***ing care how it looks as long as it sounds good. Waiting for this, if it sounds as good as I hope it'll be perfect for my starting project :)

Krankguitarist

Reaction score
Yeah.

All this talk about looks is just about at the bottom of the barrel of the pettiest of gripes. Only people who are looking for your floorboard will see your floorboard when you perform. Read: other guitarists.

Want something that's got a new layout and lots of flashy color ooh shiny lights? Take a look at the M13.

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
Here is another demo/soundclip:

This sounds actually really good.

InAbsentia_

Reaction score
Here is another demo/soundclip:

This sounds actually really good.

What I'm noticing in each clip of the HD is the picking response/nuances of each amp which I really haven't noticed in a modeller before. When people play with light picking it really comes through as light picking, and not just a lower volume version of a hard pick. That's really nice.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i clicked the link, got excited because they have an international contest, then got pissed because they have everything but Norway on the list. FFFUUUUUUU!

i really want the 500 though, just because it´s better than twhat i´ve already got. but then again, i would rather just save up for an axe-fx :p