TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I like the mesa the most too, then the über. Engl is too saturated and scoopy, not sure why they didnt model the powerballs instead

I completely agree. Like, I used Chimp Spanner's video on how he sets up his rhythm patch, and I've been tweaking it soooo much and still can't get it to not sound thin, saturated, and scoopy. Changed over to my treadplate patch and instantly liked it a lot more. If there's a secret to getting the Angel F-Ball to sound great, I'm all ears!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I completely agree. Like, I used Chimp Spanner's video on how he sets up his rhythm patch, and I've been tweaking it soooo much and still can't get it to not sound thin, saturated, and scoopy. Changed over to my treadplate patch and instantly liked it a lot more. If there's a secret to getting the Angel F-Ball to sound great, I'm all ears!

SoundCloud Mobile

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/219992/

I don't know what's scooped about this... I find the tread plate to be way more scooped no matter what I do. No secret involved in my track or patch lol

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score
SoundCloud Mobile

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/219992/

I don't know what's scooped about this... I find the tread plate to be way more scooped no matter what I do. No secret involved in my track or patch lol

It sounds really good man, sorry I should have stated my intentions with my tone. Since I was creating my patch similar to Chimp Spanner, I was looking for more of a djenty tone (but that's certainly not all I play, I just wanted to have a patch for it) so although your patch sounds great, it is quite different from what I was going for. Thanks for the clip and stuff though, I followed you on soundcloud! :)

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
It sounds really good man, sorry I should have stated my intentions with my tone. Since I was creating my patch similar to Chimp Spanner, I was looking for more of a djenty tone (but that's certainly not all I play, I just wanted to have a patch for it) so although your patch sounds great, it is quite different from what I was going for. Thanks for the clip and stuff though, I followed you on soundcloud! :)

my patch could easily sound much more djenty. im not a djent player and i use a slightly heavier gauge string on my 7 in standard tuning ;)

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Standard tuning? da fuq is dat?! :p

Lol "standard" tuning for a 7 string that is. No drop tune for me. That's why I own an 8 string as well ;) when I build my next guitar it will most likely stay tuned to something lower. Possibly just Bb though. I'm a big Jeff loomis fan ;)

polarbeast666

Reaction score
really struggling trying to get a djent tone Im happy with...I love how peripherys tone has that 'BEOW" to it but I love the warmth and thickness that bands like volumes and elitist have. All these custom tone presets for djent on the line 6 site suck..

PodHdBean

Reaction score
did u set the input z to 3.5 m?
this helped me get out of the muddy sound lol
really struggling trying to get a djent tone Im happy with...I love how peripherys tone has that 'BEOW" to it but I love the warmth and thickness that bands like volumes and elitist have. All these custom tone presets for djent on the line 6 site suck..

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
For you guys wondering how to get the Uber model to sound great, i strongly suggest using the XXL30 cab with either of the 57 mics. I like to keep the master volume up past around 60%, the bias low.
It sounds really great when paired with the screamer. I use the tube compressor as well, but that's just my taste. Also, getting rid of the woofiness of the XXL is really easy if you just raise the lowcut to around 85hz.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Pretty exciting week for me. Line 6 are putting my profile up as a featured artist on their page and I'm doing a HD500 clinic for our countries line 6 distributors. Really looking forward to it! Also picking up my new L3T tomorrow just in time for tour.

YAY!

flv75

Reaction score
Hi ,
I'm trying to get out from my had500 a tone in the way of the new Katatonia album ,a great dynamic distortion tigh but articulate ... I've used the treadplade amp but it's not so good ...

here is the tone

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score

What gauge are you strings? Your strings will affect your tone as well!

PodHdBean

Reaction score
:hbang:yeah the 7 string should sound better
everytime i tune a 6 string lower then b it just starts degrading in sound but thats just my opinion:metal:
6 string in drop a lol....my 7 string should be here via ups probably at about noon or 1 today so Im pretty excited

polarbeast666

Reaction score
:hbang:yeah the 7 string should sound better
everytime i tune a 6 string lower then b it just starts degrading in sound but thats just my opinion:metal:
I must agree..I tried the guitar Im getting at the local guitar shop about a week ago in drop a as well and it was like an entirely different sound ha