This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
hey guys anybody had issues regarding the new Firmware?

I just downloaded it to my 400 and Im having problems with the new amps, whenever I use one of them, the POD switches automatically to one the older models :wallbash:

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
anyone use the pod hd pro to record an acoustic with? looking to do some acoustic pieces with my semi-acoustic yamaha. Any recommendations on how to set up the patch would be fantastic :p

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
hey guys anybody had issues regarding the new Firmware?

I just downloaded it to my 400 and Im having problems with the new amps, whenever I use one of them, the POD switches automatically to one the older models :wallbash:

Pretty sure you have to reset your pod before being able to use the new firmware. Go to the line 6 support forum and check it out there. There were several things that had to be done before upgrading apparently.

Zei

Reaction score
Hey guys, got another question! Finally got all my playing tones set-up, but when I export from Cubase they're VERY compressed and VERY fuzzy (from the high-gain, I imagine). Do I have to make two of all my patches (one with high-gain for playing, one with low for recording) if I want to record with the same/similar tone I use to play or is there another way?

CDT_R053

Reaction score
Hey guys, got another question! Finally got all my playing tones set-up, but when I export from Cubase they're VERY compressed and VERY fuzzy (from the high-gain, I imagine). Do I have to make two of all my patches (one with high-gain for playing, one with low for recording) if I want to record with the same/similar tone I use to play or is there another way?

Go into your settings and make sure it's set to Studio/direct and not power amp or whatever.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
any recommendations on getting a good opeth tone (deliverance album)? I modified one of my patches and had something good going but I forgot to copy and save it and totally forget what I was using now :lol:

osmosis2259

Reaction score
any recommendations on getting a good opeth tone (deliverance album)? I modified one of my patches and had something good going but I forgot to copy and save it and totally forget what I was using now :lol:

Check out Meambobbo's patches. There is a patch for the Deliverance album. He is a frequent poster here too and has helped out a lot of people. I always refer to this tone guide.

MeAmBobbo PodHD Tone Demo

PodHdBean

Reaction score
WHY would u ever use reaper on a mac?:ugh:
I currently record using Reaper on a macbook air, using an apogee one as my interface. I have Guitar Rig 2. I have read and heard great things about the line 6 HD 500, but I am wondering if it is going to be all that much better than Guitar Rig. If i were starting from scratch, I'd get the HD 500, but I'm just not sure if it is worth the investment given what I already have.

I play metal, blues, and funk. I also don't really play gigs, so that negates one of the big advantages of the HD 500.

meambobbo

Reaction score
yeah, last time i posted the two comments i got most often were that they were too thin or too fizzy. about the same time mattmguitar put up his youtube vid of the pod hd eq effects, which enlightened me as to how to effectively use the mid-focus eq. ()

So that was exactly what I needed - I could trim some fizz and make my patches even brighter without them being too harsh, but I could also thicken up the bass without them getting boomy. I could use my favorite mic - the SM57 on axis without worrying about harsh fizzyness.

Then L6 released the Cab DEP's. It took me a while to realize how to use them effectively, and they opened me back up to using cabs other than the Hiway.

I was also a bit mired down completing some tone requests - did a bunch of classic rock presets. Not sure how YOU GUYS will feel about them, but after hearing about 6 ppl try to dial in $ for nothin on their Axe-FX II's; I feel like my tone smokes theirs. So I'm happy about that although it did take me out the high gain game a while.

I also went all tripped out and made some "8-bit" patches, and I finally got a bass so I made a couple bass patches.

I also figured out some good tweaks for the EVH, Vai, and Satch patches that basically completely overhauled them.