This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
So is it possible to re-amp with these? Like say I received a dry DI track, could I drag it into a track that was set up to use a patch from the pod and have the DI have the tone? Can you also tweak the patch after you record and have it change the recorded track to the new tweaked one like with an impulse?

I have posted the reamping instructions many times now. And no, you can't tweak it once its recorded. You can however move the looper to the start of the chain, record a small portion and tweak it.

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
Haha what kind of vocals? I can do vocals like on my track soggy sandwiches, or the more humorous creed-mocking yasaay vocals lol

Something heavy... That still retains the melody. I seriously need to rework the whole song. When I do, I'll put it up for anyone to do vox on. It'd be interesting to hear what happens.

I mean, It's from the Karate Kid soundtrack, so anything will be awesome! :lol:

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
I have posted the reamping instructions many times now. And no, you can't tweak it once its recorded. You can however move the looper to the start of the chain, record a small portion and tweak it.

It seems like re-amping with the HD500 is kinda pointless. I usually make a patch, record a part of the song with bass and drums, listen, tweak, re-record that section and listen again. Sometimes it takes two or three tweaks, but works. If I'm going to go through the re-amping process, I'd rather do it like a normal guy. You know, just let the engineer handle it. :lol:

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me off the top of their head from experience using the POD HD but I'm looking for some way to get lots of power amp distortion to get a certain texture but I always end up with too much fuzz. This is the sound I'm going for:
http://tonefinder.com/files/5-3mictest2.mp3

Someone was kind enough to point out that it's due to layering of distortions so you're clipping multiple times.
This is my ideal guitar tone so any help will be greatly appreciated. I've been hunting this tone for years!

Anyone? :(

guitar_player4_2_0

Reaction score
Ok guys, I think this is the right place for this, I just hope it doesn't get lost in the mix. I'm having a really hard time getting a good distortion tone through my HD Pro. I don't know if I'm not EQing it right or there are some settings I'm missing or something. I'm using it with headphones and through a rocktron velocity power amp and an orange ppc112 cab. Now obviously I use cab emulation with the headphones and not with the power amp through the cab. But in both situations a good metal rhythm tone is escaping me. I'm looking for a Fear Factory type of tone, which should be attainable since this is the exact piece of gear Dino used. I can come up with all kinds of pretty cleans and they all sound great, but the distortion patches I try and make are always either too boomy, or too fuzzy, or it sounds like a half cocked wah or something. I know I'm not a total fool, I have other tube rigs and don't have this problem. I even have a Line 6 Spider combo that I can get tones I'm quite happy with really easily. I think I'm just not doing something right, but it's really bummin me out. I literally spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to dial in a good rhythm tone and I was never totally happy with it. I have made a few that sound fairly decent, but not quite what I think it's capable of. Is this making sense? Someone please help.

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
Ok guys, I think this is the right place for this, I just hope it doesn't get lost in the mix. I'm having a really hard time getting a good distortion tone through my HD Pro. I don't know if I'm not EQing it right or there are some settings I'm missing or something. I'm using it with headphones and through a rocktron velocity power amp and an orange ppc112 cab. Now obviously I use cab emulation with the headphones and not with the power amp through the cab. But in both situations a good metal rhythm tone is escaping me. I'm looking for a Fear Factory type of tone, which should be attainable since this is the exact piece of gear Dino used. I can come up with all kinds of pretty cleans and they all sound great, but the distortion patches I try and make are always either too boomy, or too fuzzy, or it sounds like a half cocked wah or something. I know I'm not a total fool, I have other tube rigs and don't have this problem. I even have a Line 6 Spider combo that I can get tones I'm quite happy with really easily. I think I'm just not doing something right, but it's really bummin me out. I literally spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to dial in a good rhythm tone and I was never totally happy with it. I have made a few that sound fairly decent, but not quite what I think it's capable of. Is this making sense? Someone please help.

Best piece of advice I can give is to go here: MeAmBobbo PodHD Guide - Contents Tons of useful info on shaping a high gain tone.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

As wa stated, check out Bobbo's guide.

Also, you can download my patches that I have posted to give you more of a visual. I also have a patch tweaking guide video on my YouTube channel that's posted in my sig. http://www.line6.com/customtone/profile/misterrick

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the patches!!!

No problem! I deleted all my older ones except the ones that were rated 4 or 5 stars. I may have to upload some new ones soon. I was just watching some Kemper videos and I'm feeling inadequate again. Usually what happens is I make a new killer patch when that happens lol. I've been too busy guitar building to do any guitar playing lately though...

MontaraMike

F Sharp
Reaction score
No problem! I deleted all my older ones except the ones that were rated 4 or 5 stars. I may have to upload some new ones soon. I was just watching some Kemper videos and I'm feeling inadequate again. Usually what happens is I make a new killer patch when that happens lol. I've been too busy guitar building to do any guitar playing lately though...

Can't wait for new patches! I am a patchaholic. Must get new patches! :evil:

You and MeAmBobbo make some killer patches IMO

Innervision

Reaction score
No need for a converter, you can just drag and drop the patches in a user slot of POD HD Pro Edit. Try Ricky's MudBognering, it sounds quite good!

guitar_player4_2_0

Reaction score
Awesome I'm definitely going to check out some of those patches when I get home from work tonight. While I realize you can get good tones out of it, it just seems like it's way more difficult than it should be. If I were to plug into any one of those high gain amps it's modeling, I guarantee I could quickly find a decent sound. I've never used any amp where I had to use like six different equalizers to get a good tone, you know what I mean?