This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Where do you guys set your low pass frequency on the mid focus? I like to keep right at around 65%, I've never been happier with my tone since I've done that. :)

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Where do you guys set your low pass frequency on the mid focus? I like to keep right at around 65%, I've never been happier with my tone since I've done that. :)

Is this pre or post amp?

My settings are different for each amp model when I use it post amp. I've never actually even used it before the amp. I'm quite happy with what the screamer or q filter gives me. I guess it's worth a try though....

Nemonic

Reaction score
I now realise that sharing whole tones is pretty bad idea for me. Explanation of what a single piece of signal chain can do and how could it be set helps me much more.
This way I have tried to "think outside the box" (Misha would say to "not read what the knobs say).
I used Treadplate with Hiway/57 On axis - Thump and Decay to 25%
I turned Bass to zero, Mid to maximum, Gain/Treble/Presence at 50%
Pre Q Filter (BP, 70% Freq, 70% Gain, 0% Q, 50% Mix)
Post Tube Comp, Threshold at 40%, Level at 25%
I am currently not at home and by USB is cracked, so I am only remembering what was there.
I have been setting it along with a dry backing track. It fitted like my ass on the toilet, was well recognized and I did not need to cut off the high end.
I am just saying, this will possibly sound weird to anyone who tries it.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Contest time!!

I need some suggestions for a song to do a metal cover of. The only catch is that it can't be a metal song.

If your song is picked, I will personally make a requested tone just for you! As well as a shout out in my video of the cover.

Keep in mind that I've posted this on my personal Facebook page as well, so there is a small chance that no one here will win. But considering I only have about 40 friends on Facebook, your chances are still pretty good!

Be sure to quote this post in your reply so that I see it!

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
Contest time!!

I need some suggestions for a song to do a metal cover of. The only catch is that it can't be a metal song.

If your song is picked, I will personally make a requested tone just for you! As well as a shout out in my video of the cover.

Keep in mind that I've posted this on my personal Facebook page as well, so there is a small chance that no one here will win. But considering I only have about 40 friends on Facebook, your chances are still pretty good!

Here's one I've been thinking about covering. Mr. Roboto! You should do it, instead of me, though!

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Contest time!!

Solider - Eminem:hbang:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Haha mr roboto is an interesting choice... I don't remember how that eminem song goes. It's been a long time since I was 15 and liked him :p

EricSVT18

Reaction score
I'm really clueless when it comes to things like Axe Fx and the POD HD Pro. Can someone explain how the pod works please? Can I connect it to my computer, or does it have to be ran through a power amp??

For recording, does it just record directly onto the computer? I don't need a mic or anything?

Thanks.

Aftertheburial13

Reaction score
You can run in through active/passive speakers, with passives you need a power amp I believe,actives you dont. you can run it directly into the computer, use headphones, you can with a power amp with a cab. From what I heard, thats what you can do. Im getting my LINE 6 HD PRO this week! :hbang:

5thFaceOfBrahma

Reaction score
Contest time!!

Black Sabbath - War Pigs :shred:

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Contest time!!

:agreed:

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
Haha mr roboto is an interesting choice... I don't remember how that eminem song goes. It's been a long time since I was 15 and liked him :p

I actually did a cover of "Cruel Summer" by Bananarama when I first got my HD500. I need to go back and retrack and find someone to do vocals on it.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I actually did a cover of "Cruel Summer" by Bananarama when I first got my HD500. I need to go back and retrack and find someone to do vocals on it.

Haha what kind of vocals? I can do vocals like on my track soggy sandwiches, or the more humorous creed-mocking yasaay vocals lol

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
@Ricky: only half of the lyrics are in Spanish, the rest are just random words :D

if no, here is a second option, if you don't do this, I'll ....ing Do eet :lol:

edit: now we can't say the F word?

Deathbykidd

Reaction score
So is it possible to re-amp with these? Like say I received a dry DI track, could I drag it into a track that was set up to use a patch from the pod and have the DI have the tone? Can you also tweak the patch after you record and have it change the recorded track to the new tweaked one like with an impulse?