RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
No need for a converter, you can just drag and drop the patches in a user slot of POD HD Pro Edit. Try Ricky's MudBognering, it sounds quite good!

My patches are for an hd500, so no. You can't just drag them into hd pro edit. You need the converter.

But thank you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome I'm definitely going to check out some of those patches when I get home from work tonight. While I realize you can get good tones out of it, it just seems like it's way more difficult than it should be. If I were to plug into any one of those high gain amps it's modeling, I guarantee I could quickly find a decent sound. I've never used any amp where I had to use like six different equalizers to get a good tone, you know what I mean?

I never have to use more than two eq's. the main problem is the attack of the amps without a boost and the cab modeling.

Here's a tip that will make tweaking easier, take the Q filter settings from one of the patches I posted, and out that in front of any amp/patch you make.

Also, check out my patch video. I guarantee you'll learn something. My YouTube link is in my sig.

guitar_player4_2_0

Reaction score
I never have to use more than two eq's. the main problem is the attack of the amps without a boost and the cab modeling.

Here's a tip that will make tweaking easier, take the Q filter settings from one of the patches I posted, and out that in front of any amp/patch you make.

Also, check out my patch video. I guarantee you'll learn something. My YouTube link is in my sig.

Yea the video was quite helpful, thanks! Do you ever run an overdrive for your patches, or just stick with the EQs? If I were to use an overdrive, should I EQ before or after? Also I was wondering say if you had a patch for recording with the cab emulation all dialed in if you just turned off the cab emulation should it theoretically sound good through a power amp and cab?

EricSVT18

Reaction score
If I wanted to go buy a POD HD pro and use it connected to my computer and to record, what all would I need to buy? As I said, I'm very clueless when it comes to all this digital stuff.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
If I wanted to go buy a POD HD pro and use it connected to my computer and to record, what all would I need to buy? As I said, I'm very clueless when it comes to all this digital stuff.

Just connect the pod directly to your computer via USB for the simple method.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Just connect the pod directly to your computer via USB for the simple method.

Im assuming I would need some monitors in order to get a good sound correct? And are there good free recording programs or is that another thing I would have to figure into the cost?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Yea the video was quite helpful, thanks! Do you ever run an overdrive for your patches, or just stick with the EQs? If I were to use an overdrive, should I EQ before or after? Also I was wondering say if you had a patch for recording with the cab emulation all dialed in if you just turned off the cab emulation should it theoretically sound good through a power amp and cab?

The Q filter IS the overdrive.

And yes. As long as your cab sounds good, it will sound good. Not identical, but that can be easily fixed. When your not using cab simulation you don't need a dual amp patch so that frees up a lot of dsp. Then you can add whatever you need to adjust your tone.

Innervision

Reaction score
My patches are for an hd500, so no. You can't just drag them into hd pro edit. You need the converter.

But thank you.

You can drag 'n drop patches that were designed for a hd bean or a hd500 unit into HD pro edit, absolutely no need for a converter. That,s how I do it and it's working perfectly. These 3 devices are using the same software/models so that makes sense as to why you wouldn't need a converter. I couldn't do that with patches designed for hd300/400 units though.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
You can drag 'n drop patches that were designed for a hd bean or a hd500 unit into HD pro edit, absolutely no need for a converter. That,s how I do it and it's working perfectly. These 3 devices are using the same software/models so that makes sense as to why you wouldn't need a converter. I couldn't do that with patches designed for hd300/400 units though.

It doesn't always work as the hd500/bean/pro are all different hardware and have some slightly different options. This has been covered numerous times in the last 100+ pages on this thread.

Innervision

Reaction score
Well just to clear things up, I guess people covering this in the last 100+ pages were doing sth wrong. It worked flawlessly for the 300+ Bean/HD500 patches I downloaded for my HD Pro. Never ran into any compatibility issues. You just have to drag n' drop the patch file directly into a slot in HD Pro Edit. But for some reason you can't import the patch through the file/open menu.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
another bug also is sometimes the patch will come up but the DEP settings are all out of wack.When i downloaded meambobbo setlist it had everything set at 12 o clock including the low pass
Well just to clear things up, I guess people covering this in the last 100+ pages were doing sth wrong. It worked flawlessly for the 300+ Bean/HD500 patches I downloaded for my HD Pro. Never ran into any compatibility issues. You just have to drag n' drop the patch file directly into a slot in HD Pro Edit. But for some reason you can't import the patch through the file/open menu.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
I'm hearing conflicting things now. Can the HD pro be plugged in directly to the computer via USB or no? Someone told me yes and another said no, I would still need an interface.