RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I'm hearing conflicting things now. Can the HD pro be plugged in directly to the computer via USB or no? Someone told me yes and another said no, I would still need an interface.

Whoever said no obviously doesn't own one. It clearly states even on the line6 website that it can. I'm not sure why more people don't look there instead of believing every guy on the forums that saw one once at a music store they go to once a year lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Drop the sun presents: Lords of the world

8-string Groove metal that is recorded using Pod HD500. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/mediumplayer/track-2-lords-of-world

Here is my Rhythm and Ambient presets that i use in this song. These presets are done with Blackouts pu's, so you'll get the best result with active pickups. Download and tell me if you like them. Cheers!

Rhythm:
http://line6.com/customtone/tone/224388/

Ambient:
http://line6.com/customtone/tone/224389/

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Whoever said no obviously doesn't own one. It clearly states even on the line6 website that it can. I'm not sure why more people don't look there instead of believing every guy on the forums that saw one once at a music store they go to once a year lol

Lol ok thanks for clearing that up. So all I would need to get started is the POD itself and 2 decent monitors then. If I bought a used POD for let's say $550 I should be able to get keep the cost under $1,000 including 2 monitors right?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Lol ok thanks for clearing that up. So all I would need to get started is the POD itself and 2 decent monitors then. If I bought a used POD for let's say $550 I should be able to get keep the cost under $1,000 including 2 monitors right?

Yes. I bought my monitors used for $70, but they're only $300 new I believe (I'm in Canada so it might be different for you) I use the M-Audio BX5A's. KRK's are also good, but have bass added so you can't get as accurate of a mix if that's what your using them for. Both are cheap but good options though.

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score

I use a combination of the KRK 5s and a pair of Audio Technica ATHM50 cans. I like the KRKs for dialing in my midrange and the M50s work good for low and high end. I find the KRKs lack a little in the high end unless they're cranked. The M50s let me know if I have any "harshness" in the upper register.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't pick a winning song yet, but tomorrow I'm going to put something together to share as a test (and a way to gain some views and followers on my channel) so stay tuned for that.

Zei

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a Cynic-like sound, but I can't figure out how to get much closer than this:

Cynic Tone Test

Ignore the playing hahahaha. It's shoddy as all hell, but those riffs I just learned the night before/today.

The setup is as follows:

Hard Gate > Tube Comp > Screamer > Solo Overdrive > Mixer > Graphic EQ > Parametric EQ > Hard Gate

Also having trouble getting rid of the hum...

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a Cynic-like sound, but I can't figure out how to get much closer than this:

Cynic Tone Test

Ignore the playing hahahaha. It's shoddy as all hell, but those riffs I just learned the night before/today.

The setup is as follows:

Hard Gate > Tube Comp > Screamer > Solo Overdrive > Mixer > Graphic EQ > Parametric EQ > Hard Gate

Also having trouble getting rid of the hum...

Put the first gate after the compressor. It will help a lot with the hum. Also try the Q filter instead of the screamer. You can fine tune where the mid boost is a lot better.

Zei

Reaction score
Put the first gate after the compressor. It will help a lot with the hum. Also try the Q filter instead of the screamer. You can fine tune where the mid boost is a lot better.

That helped quite a bit, thank you! The Q Filter I like... Never used it before haha.

But the hum isn't coming from the HD500 or my cords (it was still there in full force after changing the position of the gate), so I can only assume it's my guitar. Shame... :( Y'all know of anything I can do to try and alleviate the issue?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
That helped quite a bit, thank you! The Q Filter I like... Never used it before haha.

But the hum isn't coming from the HD500 or my cords (it was still there in full force after changing the position of the gate), so I can only assume it's my guitar. Shame... :( Y'all know of anything I can do to try and alleviate the issue?

i had some serious buzzing just from having my pa speaker plugged into the same power bar. not even turned on. try unplugging everything else to see if it gets better. then start plugging back in until you find the culprit.

also, download any of my patches to find some good starting values for the Q filter. the main thing is to have to q turned to 0 or it sounds like a cocked wah pedal.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
try the marshall amps or doom amp.They should give you that midrange your missing.:shred:[
also use the tube overdrive or q filter instead of the screamer.\

the cynic tone

Rygar91

Reaction score
Ive had the POD HD Pro for a few months now and I think im finally starting to figure it all out. I recorded a mix test of Early Grave by Architects to test out some new tones and techniques.

You can hear it here: https://soundcloud.com/rygar91/architects-early-grave-mix

I think the mix might be a little bit bass heavy in some areas cuz i mixed it quickly on computer speakers, but let me know what you think otherwise!

meambobbo

Reaction score
hehe - yeah i saw that email and wondered if L6 would actually address my research and maybe explain to its customers why dual amp patches are a bit more difficult than you might think.

NOPE.