EricSVT18

Reaction score
I'm gonna make the jump to the HD Pro! I'm trying to sell my 5150 212 combo right now in order to fund the POD.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
the desktop and a fbv shortboard gets it done and for the price of the pro :hbang:
So i'm trying to decide between the Line 6 HD desktop and the HD Pro. I won't ever be using either live. I would just use it connected to my computer with some monitors to play/record music. What would make the HD Pro worth the extra $300 over the HD desktop given what I would be using them for? Thanks.

Metal Guitarist

Reaction score
Does the Pod HD Pro translate very well? Like does it respond to different pickups and guitar wood?

EricSVT18

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with 2 Yamaha HS50M monitors. They're $150 each. Those good for the price?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I'm gonna go with 2 Yamaha HS50M monitors. They're $150 each. Those good for the price?

I don't have any personal experience with them, but I've never heard anything great about the Yamaha monitors or speakers. Are you ordering them online or buying them from a store? If your buying from a store just take your pod in with you a try a few out. I've noticed that the majority of people who's videos I watch use m-audio. I happen to as well and I really like mine.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently no one likes my post your hd idea lol

Anyway, my next cover is decided (not the contest one, still haven't picked a song) and I will be doing Possessed by Feared. Hopefully I can do Ola justice in my version. It also happens that I still have all the stems from the Feared mixing competition so I'll have the actual backing track for my cover as well as Ola's solo since I suck.

I plan to do a video for it as well. Hopefully I can gain some views and followers.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Got my Alto Ts115a yesterday. Holy shit the Alto with the HD500 sounds amazing and good lord is it LOUD! :D I am super stoked by this.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Ok instead of the Yamahas I'm thinking 2 KRK Rokit 5 generation 2.

if I buy a used one, is a program or anything suppose to come with it? or is that something I can just download off their website?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Ok instead of the Yamahas I'm thinking 2 KRK Rokit 5 generation 2.

if I buy a used one, is a program or anything suppose to come with it? or is that something I can just download off their website?

The pod you mean? They don't come with anything new. You even have to get the manual from the website.

Download line6 monkey. It updates and downloads all your drivers and software.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a handy pic that I found randomly that explains the four cable method. A nice visual for some of the people here that either don't get it, or haven't heard of it.

null-24.gif

EricSVT18

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if the HD Pro is worth the extra $200 over the HD500. It's essentially the same thing as the Pro except it's not rackmountable right?

MrYakob

Reaction score
Here's a handy pic that I found randomly that explains the four cable method. A nice visual for some of the people here that either don't get it, or haven't heard of it.

null-24.gif

That's a pretty good picture for those wanting to try it out. I've been using my pod in 4CM with my 5153 for a couple weeks now and it works like a charm!

EricSVT18

Reaction score
The guitar center by me said they would trade me a brand new HD500 and 2 new KRK Rokit 5s for my 5150 212 combo and my LTD MH417. can't decide if that would be a good deal or not.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
That's a pretty good picture for those wanting to try it out. I've been using my pod in 4CM with my 5153 for a couple weeks now and it works like a charm!
Wait what..? you are running a pod through the power amp section of your 5153? :scratch:

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
The guitar center by me said they would trade me a brand new HD500 and 2 new KRK Rokit 5s for my 5150 212 combo and my LTD MH417. can't decide if that would be a good deal or not.

Sounds like a bad trade on your part. But opinions vary yeah?

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad trade on your part. But opinions vary yeah?

Well my LTD barely gets played. My Agile gets all the playing time. Plus ill be getting a custom carvin at the end of the year. My main reason for wanting to do all this is to record and what not. I'm a home player so the recording part will be more fun for me.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Eric, Guitar center has the Rokit 6's for $50 more than the Rokit 5's. I own the 5's. They are ok for a smaller room but you will wish you would have gotten the 6's or the 8's. Trust me on this.

EDIT* Just saw the home recording part. Definitely get bigger KRK's than the 5's. And get the Auralex pads as well. They will give you shit but my other guitar player walked out of GC here with 2 KRK Rokit 8's, Cables, Auralex pads and the 2 year warranty for $500 even. Just tell them Make it 6's and throw in the cables and pads and it's a deal. If they try to work on you, stick to it and be firm. They will make money either way so get the best deal you can.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Eric, Guitar center has the Rokit 6's for $50 more than the Rokit 5's. I own the 5's. They are ok for a smaller room but you will wish you would have gotten the 6's or the 8's. Trust me on this. And if you are even thinking going live then don't even worry about the monitors. Get the HD500 and an Alto TS115A.

I'm not thinking about going live at all. But i just talked to some people who work in studios and they suggested the Yamaha HS50Ms over the Rokit 5s. Said the Rokits sound better for electronic kind of music and the yamahas are more clear and crisp with better mids and highs.