This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Heard you can assign multiple effects on/off with one footswitch? How do you do that with the HD500? For example, FS1 delay+boost or foot switch of expression pedal to have both wah and overdrive/boost?

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Just hold Enter and set each effect to footswitch you want to activate them. If you want two effects to simultaneously turn on/off, then make sure they're in the same state, and you're set. If you want to turn one effect on, and the other off with one footswitch, just set them to the footswitch and turn one effect on and the other off.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Heard you can assign multiple effects on/off with one footswitch? How do you do that with the HD500? For example, FS1 delay+boost or foot switch of expression pedal to have both wah and overdrive/boost?

Highlight the effect you want to assign and double click on the move button. Choose the footswitch. You can set as many things as you want to any footswitch or the expression pedal.

Edit: nvm, double move button is just for setting the expression pedal. Holding enter is for the footswitch assign.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Just hold Enter and set each effect to footswitch you want to activate them. If you want two effects to simultaneously turn on/off, then make sure they're in the same state, and you're set. If you want to turn one effect on, and the other off with one footswitch, just set them to the footswitch and turn one effect on and the other off.

How many pedals can you turn on at the same time via one footswitch? For example: eq + boost + overdrive + delay? Or eq+boost+ wah? Is that possible?

Sorry for the noob questions. I come from the RP1000 and I'm looking to upgrade. :agreed:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
How many pedals can you turn on at the same time via one footswitch? For example: eq + boost + overdrive + delay? Or eq+boost+ wah? Is that possible?

Sorry for the noob questions. I come from the RP1000 and I'm looking to upgrade. :agreed:

I already stated that you can assign as many effects as you want to any given footswitch.

progman

Reaction score
If anyone was interested in my posts about Karnivool and using the POD's chorus, I found somewhat of a solution. Don't use the POD's chorus effects. I think the POD has about 2 or 3 choruses (I don't have the unit in front of me right now). Right after the chorus effects is an effect called something like "Dimension". I don't know if this effect is considered a type of chorus or not but it is my new best friend. Play around with this effect and it can really shine with some good distortion. Throw in a little bass octavator and you get a really cool tone in my opinion. I have been using the effect coupled with playing parallel octaves and I think it sounds awesome. I would post a sample, but the only thing I have for recording is Garage Band and I am too afraid everyone on this site would rip me to shreds.

Innervision

Reaction score
Hey guys, I remember I read something on this thread about an EQ (mid focus?) or preamp that can be used as a transparent gain boost. I have this patch that sounds quite good bit the volume levels are way too low (even with the mixer faders set to +12db) compared to my other patches so I'm looking for a workaround, any ideas?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, I remember I read something on this thread about an EQ (mid focus?) or preamp that can be used as a transparent gain boost. I have this patch that sounds quite good bit the volume levels are way too low (even with the mixer faders set to +12db) compared to my other patches so I'm looking for a workaround, any ideas?

If your just looking for a volume boost, run a cable from the send to the return if the fx loop and set the return level higher than 0.

bcolville

Reaction score

You can do what Rick said, but if you don't have a cable handy try this:

Mid Focus EQ:
HP Frequency=0%
HP Q~56%
LP Frequency=100%
LP Q~56%
Gain= whatever level you need

In theory I think this will work from what I've experienced with the mid focus but I don't have my pod in front of me so let me know if it works!

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
Well with the boost knob I installed in my guitar yesterday while my internet was down I have a nice tone for both my left and right channels. Just made a quick mix down of something I started to write on the 27th of last month (although I rerecorded everything last night)
https://soundcloud.com/fretless-1/11-27-13

I know it's all just one note palm muted, but it's more or less just a skeleton XD that's how I always start writing my songs I promise.

The left channel is the tone with the boost knob, and the right channel is the tone without being boosted.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Well with the boost knob I installed in my guitar yesterday while my internet was down I have a nice tone for both my left and right channels. Just made a quick mix down of something I started to write on the 27th of last month (although I rerecorded everything last night)
https://soundcloud.com/fretless-1/11-27-13

I know it's all just one note palm muted, but it's more or less just a skeleton XD that's how I always start writing my songs I promise.

The left channel is the tone with the boost knob, and the right channel is the tone without being boosted.

What type of boost knob? I had been thinking about building a tube screamer into my next guitar build after seeing it done to a telecaster. I literally ALWAYS use one in one form it another, so I figured it would be worth it haha

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
What type of boost knob? I had been thinking about building a tube screamer into my next guitar build after seeing it done to a telecaster. I literally ALWAYS use one in one form it another, so I figured it would be worth it haha

"Clapton" style mid boost circuit- Drive your amp! Really simple to install. I have some pictures of the guitar I put it in, in this thread here http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...customizations/256004-moding-my-7-string.html

Honestly I want more of these knobs. They're really cheap, and the change in tone is insanely surprising. Of course it's a little difficult to hear that in a mix.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
"Clapton" style mid boost circuit- Drive your amp! Really simple to install. I have some pictures of the guitar I put it in, in this thread here http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...customizations/256004-moding-my-7-string.html

Honestly I want more of these knobs. They're really cheap, and the change in tone is insanely surprising. Of course it's a little difficult to hear that in a mix.

Interesting little unit. Did I read that right that you used an xlr jack? Also, would you say that its as much of a boost as a tube screamer?