Listen to my 42 minute EP! (FREE) - instrumental prog-metal/fusion/djent/post-rock

• Thread starter prh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
hey guys!

today i released my first EP. you can stream the entire thing for free here (and if you like it its cheap to buy :)):

http://halcyonofficial.bandcamp.com/http://halcyonofficial.bandcamp.com/

Halcyon | Facebook

ill paste what i wrote on facebook if you want more info!

180109_177389662305889_139211029457086_459974_7932492_n.jpg

▪ Noodle - 5:58
▪ Noodle 2 - 3:13
▪ Firefly - 3:22
▪ Waterfall - 3:38
▪ Intermission - 2:11
▪ Noodle 3 - 4:54
▪ Django Fett - 5:44
▪ Nesting - 6:04
▪ Pastures - 6:34
Total - 41:38

So finally after weeks and weeks of living and breathing the songs on this EP, tweaking the mixes, recording guitars, rerecording guitars, programming the drums and so on, I can sit back and enjoy the hard part (wait, what?) - the easy part was making the music, as it is something that I absolutely love and do 100% for enjoyment. That some people also like the outcome is an insane bonus.

The hard part is getting people to listen to it, which is why the EP is streaming entirely free, and the download (mp3 or FLAC, I know lots of people dig lossless) is only AU$5 - less than a single beer in a lot of places in Sydney (plus you won't regret it in the morning!)

I know some people just don't pay for music these days - there is no 'real' point seeing as pretty much everything is available for free anyway - so if you're one of these people, the EP is gonna be streaming for free until the end of the time, enjoy! But what I would appreciate the most is if you could burn a copy for a friend, or email them a link; or tag this page in a status, post something about it on a forum, or.give a shout out from your own band page/blog/twitter/whatever. And if anyone has, or knows someone who has a review blog/site, leave a comment or email halcyonofficial@gmail.com and I'd love to send a copy of the EP for review!

Happy listening! ♬

cheers, hope some of you like it! :)

Reaction score
Very cool stuff. You're an amazing guitarist, really tasteful playing. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pineappleman

Why can I not sleep?
Reaction score
I like this. Love the combination of so many genres dude. :yesway: First heard you when you posted "Something" on the Mike Portnoy forum back in the day. I might end up purchasing this, I would do so now were I not a broke college student who can only spend so much money each month supporting other artists. :lol:

Side note: are you seriously only 18? If so that really depresses me haha.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
I like this. Love the combination of so many genres dude. :yesway: First heard you when you posted "Something" on the Mike Portnoy forum back in the day. I might end up purchasing this, I would do so now were I not a broke college student who can only spend so much money each month supporting other artists. :lol:

Side note: are you seriously only 18? If so that really depresses me haha.

yep ill be 19 in june! glad you dig it man. whats your mike portnoy forum name btw?

Damn man, you've got serious talent. I'm 18 in 3 months (Yippee!!) and I'm nowhere near this. First music listen on my newly fixed mac by the way :) I'll buy it this week :)

woo drinking haha. and you wont miss 18+ gigs! cheers dude

prh

Plini
Reaction score
Missed out on Periphery last year, so hopefully no more of that! I've listened to all of this now. Fucking amazing. :yesway: :yesway:

haha yeah man, i missed btbam, meshuggah, and a couple of others. missed periphery not for my age (it was AA in sydney) but cos i had a fucking exam that night. who the fuck has exams at night!!!!!!!!!! anyway glad you dig it!

Ronbert

Reaction score
Had some Vai like qualities to it (speaking about noodle). You have very smooth buttery licks and everything is mixed so well. It ranges from upbeat bends to ecstatic progressive licks... just so damn good. Could literally listen to the EP for hours on end.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
Had some Vai like qualities to it (speaking about noodle). You have very smooth buttery licks and everything is mixed so well. It ranges from upbeat bends to ecstatic progressive licks... just so damn good. Could literally listen to the EP for hours on end.

:)

cant wait to do vocals for you man :hbang:

yeah dude, im psyched to get that going :yesway:

Listening right now, sounds fucking amazing. What kind of gear do you use?

cheers! guitar rig 4 for guitars, bass is mostly direct with compression and EQ, though sometimes run through GR4. drums superior 2.0. all in logic! main guitar is an ibanez 6 string but theres also a shitty 3/4 scale nylon string in there at times

1000 Eyes

Reaction score
I listened to this last night at 4 in the morning...absolutely brilliant...very well done.

Cant believe you are just 18...you must of started very young/played for crazy hours a day or both to get that good at such a young age?..Do Tell

btfsam

Banned
Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
this shit is so cash

edit: dude just read you were NINETEEN?! I am also 19! I'm gonna get around to buying this album when I can get ahold of a credit card

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Just came back to say that this is incredible.

When are you going for the full release? If it's late enough, sing me up for drum recording. :lol:

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Dude.......................You're good :D

Latest posts