LIVE CHAT ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
This would be cool to have a live chat, live you can make a cheap java script or even just html based chat room, so when people have live discussions with threads (such as lively talks in the Pickup section, that honestly me, Mass Defect, Lewis, c7spheres,marked man, albake and others almost are replying in real time, so might as well have a chat room if people wanted to?

My suggestion but I’m thanksful for site as it is
Happy thanksgiving

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I personally don't like being on camera and stuff like that. I like to hide behind my fake name and profile, honestly. I don't want people to know who I am or it could turn into a thing I don't want to deal with. Good idea though, just not for me.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
Oh no dude, I said a text based html/java text chat

simple, DEF didn’t meant video or audio live streaming

just simple html (thinks AOL or IRC)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
IIRC it went away when the type of forum switched to current. A lot of guys here chat in a Discord chatroom for SSO members. Used to be a thread on it.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
There's an sso discord....? I'm a little not-on-the-ball on this one either.
Discord, apparently, is a gamer app

I think, its where people who play games online go to chat while they play

So I guess there is a chat room in there, which is maybe what c7 was referring to when he said no video and no audio, cuz I’m not into that either....i meant just text

ALL I WANT IS TEXT PEOPLE! (Get the pun? Sonically?)

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Oh no dude, I said a text based html/java text chat

simple, DEF didn’t meant video or audio live streaming

just simple html (thinks AOL or IRC)
Oh, I got mixed up. You're talkig about when the messages are like in real time type stuff with little text boxes. I kinda still like this normal method personally. I like the current method myself though. I'm just old fashioned I guess. : )

jaxadam

Reaction score
I personally don't like being on camera and stuff like that. I like to hide behind my fake name and profile, honestly. I don't want people to know who I am or it could turn into a thing I don't want to deal with. Good idea though, just not for me.

Just put your home address, phone number, and SSN in your profile.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
Oh, I got mixed up. You're talkig about when the messages are like in real time type stuff with little text boxes. I kinda still like this normal method personally. I like the current method myself though. I'm just old fashioned I guess. : )
Lol yah bro, just text, like a chat box man....i could even write it , in like less then 100 lines, I’m sure there are guys reading this that could do it in 20 or less lol

Two Panthers

B8 Bomber
Reaction score
Yes, I’ve been to the live chat, and it’s pretty much the same 30 members in there, but there is a lot of helpful info exchanged live if you ask. Especially Tom Winspear, besides the axe palace, who is a real fountain of knowledge and LITERALLY knows about all pickups, strings, gauges, and scales besides all of the small shop/boutique luthiers...but it’s a little bit of an inner circle, like the guys all know each other, for years apparently, and unless you have kept up with them it’s hard to get a lot of the inside jokes....but its fun nonetheless. Thank you ferret!

Status
Not open for further replies.