live one man band test clips. what do you think?

scolio1978

Reaction score
playing with other people is fun, but wouldn't it be cool if you could just do it all yourself and have it sound passable for a full band? have been working on this one man band project going for a while now, had an injury that was keeping me from actually playing the rig enough for it to sound decent. good news is, been doing better and have been able to practice. did some recording last week, then went back in and grabbed some clips. looking for some input, or maybe some inspiration or feedback. this is all played live. I have been working on adding vocals so you will hear made up words and gibberish. the idea is to work up to having fully composed songs, but i want to keep an element of improv to it. no overdubs, loops, or sequences. trying to limit using delay to a minimum as well. setting up limitations makes it easier to process. using a prs se 277 tuned in drop A.

one man band test clips 4.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Love that you're doing it all yourself/live, many props. Much more interesting than "one man band" where it's guitar karaoke to bunch of MIDI backing tracks on a laptop which is what I was expecting.

Cool sound overall, you're doing a great job making the most of your setup. Spooky funeral doom vibes. The vocal processing fits very well. Would love to see you perform IRL. Keep it up!

scolio1978

Reaction score
Love that you're doing it all yourself/live, many props. Much more interesting than "one man band" where it's guitar karaoke to bunch of MIDI backing tracks on a laptop which is what I was expecting.

Cool sound overall, you're doing a great job making the most of your setup. Spooky funeral doom vibes. The vocal processing fits very well. Would love to see you perform IRL. Keep it up!
thanks for that. ya, all notes are made by me. no backing tracks, just the analog synth set on hold droning in the background. the midi notes from the keyboard are sent to the vocal unit that splits the vocals into whatever notes are played. doing the slower tempos right now so its easier to get all limbs to where they are going in time. playing live is one of the goals, working on making the rig more compact and travel friendly. I appreciate the feedback very much.

scolio1978

Reaction score
i added a better video, better audio quality and mix. took off some weird mastering plugins. i try, but mixing is harder than any of this playing music stuff.