Long Lasting/Durable Picks

• Thread starter Blue1970Cutlass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I've never worn out a Jazz III. I still have a few from 2004 that I used regularly until early this year. The only reason I don't use them any more is because I switched over to the Max Grips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
If you want to get into the Acrylic picks I would recommend Gravity picks over V-Picks.

I find them Gripper, cheaper and more consistent from pick to pick.

Plus them come in all kinds of crazy colours.

glpg80

√εvil
Reaction score
Another echo for gravity picks. They are light-weight and extremely durable. The razor's have a nice sharp point to them that stay sharp for a very very long time. I went from dunlop nylon's to gravity pick's razors 1.5mm and it took a full year of abuse to wear down the tip to where it was useless. Does not leave plastic shards all over your guitar or shredded plastic all over the pickups after abuse - and i play 11-52's in D with a very heavy right hand.

I never liked Jazz III's, the gravity picks give me something to hold onto. Cant say enough about them - they are worth every penny. A package of 1.5mm's should last many many years.

vmFin

Reaction score
Vibes%20Opal.JPG
Vibes%20Light%20Blue.JPG
Vibes%20Dark%20Grey.JPG

I use these Rock Vibes when I can. If I can't find them, purple tortex is nice, but lacks the tone.

EvolDerek

BEADGBEG
Reaction score
I've been using Ernie Ball Delrin picks for a little bit and they seem to hold up much better than tortex or any others ive used so far.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
If you're doing it right, you should be losing them before any wear occurs! :lol:

I can't hold onto a pick for a phone call, let alone have it wear down.

Latest posts