Looking for a good string set

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
I have a guitar with a 25.5" scale set of 10-52 skinny top heavy bottoms on the 1st 6. 10, 13, 17, 30, 42, 52 to be exact. I tune a half step down and its just about perfect for me. I plan on getting a hellraiser with a 26.5" scale and would like strings that have a similar tension and feel to them. I definetely want a 9, 11 and 16 but the rest of the strings I'm not too sure of. I was thinking maybe the 9-46 hybrid but I don't want my lower strings too loose. The low B I have no problem experimenting with seeming how that's an easy adjustment to compensate for, I just don't wanna have to get this guitar reset up each time I change the string set and it would be VERY convenient if I could get this right for the most part on the 1st setup! Id appreciate the feedback and any suggestions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
That sounds like it would be pretty solid. I usually use ernie balls but they don't really have what I'm lookin for. I was thinking about getting my strings through labella I hear their pretty similar. Thanks for the advice though guys those gauges sound spot on perfect.

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
I've tried using tension calculators but I can never find one that I can read lol. Every time I find one it usually goes by e2 e3 etc and type in the tension your looking for. I never found one where you can just type in the gauge and scale. Ill look into that one

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
9-11-16-28-38-50 would be similar enough. and for similar tension, a 68 for the low B would do. a 12 instead of an 11 would be closer to your 13 as far as tension goes, that's what I use anyway.

if you want to calculate the gauges yourself, just use this ;)

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...stc-string-tension-calculator-v0-1-9-out.html

Everything this guy said. Seriously though, getting that string calculator would be the best thing for you so you can adjust your sets according to the tension you like. Trust me, it works. :yesway: