Looking for my first 7

• Thread starter Mesheshuggah91
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mesheshuggah91

Nigerian Nightmare
Reaction score
so I'm looking into getting my first 7 string because I'm joining another band with more of a Djent influence (I've been waiting for this shiz) and I'm wondering what guitar would be best to choose. I make about 500 every two weeks and I need to get it fast so I can start jamming with those guys. so I was looking at the Ibanez RG7321, I could get it in like one paycheck so it's ideal, and since no guitar center in my area seems to have any for me to try I was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about it. is it a good guitar, will I need to upgrade pickups or anything like that? what kind of strings will I need, and also I was wondering if there are any good standard tunings for sevens. the band is in drop A# and they want a different tuning. thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Revan132

Reaction score
so I'm looking into getting my first 7 string because I'm joining another band with more of a Djent influence (I've been waiting for this shiz) and I'm wondering what guitar would be best to choose. I make about 500 every two weeks and I need to get it fast so I can start jamming with those guys. so I was looking at the Ibanez RG7321, I could get it in like one paycheck so it's ideal, and since no guitar center in my area seems to have any for me to try I was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about it. is it a good guitar, will I need to upgrade pickups or anything like that? what kind of strings will I need, and also I was wondering if there are any good standard tunings for sevens. the band is in drop A# and they want a different tuning. thanks!

The RG7321 is a budget 7 string, but absolutely awesome for the money. In terms of if you will have to modify it or not, let me leave you with this association: The RG7321 (And it's other budget Ibanez Cohorts) are to modifying as are Honda Civics to tunings.
In other words: it is the epitome of a project guitar for modification purposes. I would definitely recommend it for a first sevenstring! As to the previous point, it will give you a lot of adaptability because it isn't too expensive and you can do a lot of things to improve its playing.
Just my 2 cents.