Ltd EC 1000T Full Thickness vs Gibson Les Paul Custom

• Thread starter Paulo Marques
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Paulo Marques

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How does the full Thickness LTD compares to the Gibson LP Custom in terms of ressonance and sustain ?
I play 90% metal

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Every piece of wood is different. Every bridge is different. There are squiers that resonate and sustain better than Suhr's, you can't really do a blanket statement like that unfortunately. Pick one up, play it. If you like it, you like it.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If you're looking for an alternative to an actual Gibson LPC, you're better off spending more on something like an E-II or even an ESP USA. Shit, you're even in ESP Original Series territory.

But what @CanserDYI said is true. You can be lucky and get an extremely resonant EC-1000. Can be unlucky and get a dead LPC.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're looking for an alternative to an actual Gibson LPC, you're better off spending more on something like an E-II or even an ESP USA. Shit, you're even in ESP Original Series territory.

Depends on what you want from it. You're not going to get even close to the same feel out of an ESP, necks and frets are just so different.

Folks need to figure out if they want a Les Paul Custom or a guitar that vaguely looks like one.

Paulo Marques

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Every piece of wood is different. Every bridge is different. There are squiers that resonate and sustain better than Suhr's, you can't really do a blanket statement like that unfortunately. Pick one up, play it. If you like it, you like it.

Thats true but i have to start the search somewhere, i wish i could play the guitars before. Gonna buy it on Thomann.

But what @CanserDYI said is true. You can be lucky and get an extremely resonant EC-1000. Can be unlucky and get a dead LPC.

Yeah the E II is great to, but the price diference between E II and the LTC EC 1000 Full Thickness is huge, twice the price.

Depends on what you want from it. You're not going to get even close to the same feel out of an ESP, necks and frets are just so different.

Folks need to figure out if they want a Les Paul Custom or a guitar that vaguely looks like one.

I like the looks of the Harley Benton SC Custom and i like the looks of the Gibson LP BB so thats not the case.

"I play 90% metal". Do yourself a favor and play some ESP/LTD's.

And probably gonna put some EMGs in it, i guess the ESP/LTD will solve that to

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
I don't agree with the EMG thing... that's entirely preference and not a make or break deal for metal at all. They work well for some but don't for many metal players.

Estilo

Reaction score

I don't fully get OP's point but I think he means he wants an LPC but will a cheaper EC1000T get him in that ballpark given the price diff.

To your point, is there a huge difference in quality between EIIs and LTD 1000s? They haven't updated the EII line with SS frets and that's quite a bummer for me.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If this is all about looks then yeah just get a EC-1000T or Epi LPC. I had a AS-1 which is basically an EC-1000T and it had sustain for days. If you prefer the more shred-friendly while still feeling substantial in the fretting hand the EC-1000's a treat.

Estilo

Reaction score
I'm set on the Satin Gold EC-1000T CTM when/if it gets here. But I wonder if I do snag it would it leave me wondering if I should've stepped up for the E-II ECs.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
People need to post their budgets in threads like this because you asked to compare two guitars that, aside from being completely different, are 4k apart in price.

If your thinly veiled question is: "Is an LTD as good as an LPC" then the short answer is probably and the long answer is not at all. Guitars in the LPC price range play a different ball game that has nothing to do with playability and everything to do with feel and craftsmanship. You pay for man-hours, pedigree and vibe. In the LTD range you'll get comparable if not better playability presuming you like modern-style guitars. If you don't fully understand why an E-II costs twice as much but isn't "twice as good" then you probably wouldn't like a Gibson LPC anyway so the question is moot.

tl;dr expensive guitars aren't made of fairy dust you'll be plenty happy with the LTD

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For me It's the ESP over the Les Paul. My issues with LP QC aside, it's just that the ESP Eclipse guitars feel better to play, mainly due to me preferring the ESP neck profile. Not sure what your budget is but if you are able to afford a new Gibson LP then looking at higher end ESP stuff like the E-II or even an american made one is well worth it as well. Overall though the EC1000's are IMO some of the best guitars on the market.

Paulo Marques

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
People need to post their budgets in threads like this because you asked to compare two guitars that, aside from being completely different, are 4k apart in price.

If your thinly veiled question is: "Is an LTD as good as an LPC" then the short answer is probably and the long answer is not at all. Guitars in the LPC price range play a different ball game that has nothing to do with playability and everything to do with feel and craftsmanship. You pay for man-hours, pedigree and vibe. In the LTD range you'll get comparable if not better playability presuming you like modern-style guitars. If you don't fully understand why an E-II costs twice as much but isn't "twice as good" then you probably wouldn't like a Gibson LPC anyway so the question is moot.

tl;dr expensive guitars aren't made of fairy dust you'll be plenty happy with the LTD

I know these conversations leads us to another aspects of whats been asked, its normal.
I apreciate all the info you guys are sharing with, trully, however if you read interely my inicial post not just the title, I've asked you to compare the two regarding ressonance and sustain, if the lower budget one can compete with the LPC, not if one is better than the other or plays better than the other, cause some point are subjective and personal.
I apreciate all the info thought

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know these conversations leads us to another aspects of whats been asked, its normal.
I apreciate all the info you guys are sharing with, trully, however if you read interely my inicial post not just the title, I've asked you to compare the two regarding ressonance and sustain, if the lower budget one can compete with the LPC, not if one is better than the other or plays better than the other, cause some point are subjective and personal.
I apreciate all the info thought

Too variable to compare blind, or in this case deaf.

If you're worried about "resonance and sustain", don't.

Alex79

Reaction score
I am not ashamed to say that for me the weight of the guitar matters and that I prefer lighter guitars. My Eclipse only weighs 3.6 kg without belt.
The whole point of the Eclipse for me is that is a modern and hotrodded take on the Single cut shape that is better suited for „aggressive“ and modern players. Big frets, thinner necks, locking tuners, higher output pickups, non-chambered & thinner bodies…
All of that is more my taste.