Magic the Gathering!

pink freud

Reaction score
What does everyone think of Kiora?

+1, single target Fog.
-1, Urban Evolution for 1 card.
-5, big fatty every turn.

CMC 4 and comes in at 2, immediately goes to 3.

The way I see it, if I'm playing against red-burn chances are she's a very expensive inefficient Fog. Against any other opponent she would be great if (lol, "if") I'm playing control and give my opponent only one creature capable of attacking. That's the only way I see the ult going off.

She has promise in 1v1 EDH for all the Derevi players.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pink freud

Reaction score
OK, which one of you is this on reddit?

Mogis, God of the Death Metal : magicTCG

4wUZAKs.png

Brilliant!

Nats

Reaction score
I play regularly with my coworker at lunch on Fridays. She has gotten really good in a short amount of time. She's always buying cards and tweaking her decks. I can't be bothered trying to collect and construct decks so I just buy the event decks that come out with each block and play with those. Tons of Friday fun.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Totally just picked up a revised volcanic island for my Riku deck. I'm a happy guy :lol:

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Pretty skeptical about this movie series, but keeping my hopes up.

In other news, just picked up a Mind Seize deck at Target. Gonna sell the TNN to Channel Fireball for what I paid for the deck and get 99 free cards.

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
I played a draft last friday, first since a loooong time, at my local game store and had a good laugh with a really insane play.

So the first game I played, I steal his Agent of the Fates with Portent of Betrayal, scrying a land that I put on the bottom of my deck. Then enchant it with Dragon Mantle, draw a card from the Mantle, wich is a Magma Jet, Then he had to sac his Nessian Asp to his own agent. I pump the agent to four, then attack.

Then on my next turn, I killed his Agent with the Magma Jet I drew and then kept pushing a bunch of giants into the red zone for the win.

I don't draft every week, and a lot of players in my lgs go to PTQ's, GP's, and even Pro Tours, so I expected to lose every match and game. But I went 2-0 win, 2-1 win, then 1-2 loss, taking 3rd place, and won 2 boosters as a prize. :hbang: My deck was pretty insane, with Purphoros, the Hammer of Purphoros, 4 giants with monstrous, 2 wild celebrants, lightning strike, magma jet, and a portent of betrayal.

pink freud

Reaction score
Any of you signed up for the prerelease? I'm going to the last event (Sunday evening). Hopefully going Blue.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Any of you signed up for the prerelease? I'm going to the last event (Sunday evening). Hopefully going Blue.

But of course. Signed up for three pre-release events: two regular sealed and one 2HG sealed.

For the randomness, I packed this a while back:

purphoros.jpg

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
Purphoros, he's awesome! I'm just done building the most filthy degenerate EDH deck with Purphoros as general.

Basically it's about him, some planeswalkers, a bunch of persist/undying guys, and some enchantments. And then you cast this:

Image.ashx

or this

Image.ashx

Image.ashx

So basically most of my non-land permanents will dodge these sweepers :lol: With some luck you get to keep enough permanents for devotion, then swing for some general damage.

pink freud

Reaction score
Don't people do that with Jhoira? Suspend a wrath and an Eldrazi, then 1 to 4 turns later they win.

I'm trying really hard to get my playgroup to start up commander. I have an Oona faerie tribal deck just itching to get played.

As an aside, since my local football team is actually doing well this year my work buddies wanted to reschedule our event for Saturday midnight. Fvck that, I'm doing TWO events now :lol:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Purphoros is crazy good in EDH in any deck that can make a measurable number of tokens. My Animar deck killed the entire table once, doing 42 damage in ONE turn with a combination of Purphoros and other creatures, such as Avenger of Zendikar.

Wizards just spoiled Phenax, the Blue/Black God. Surprise, surprise, he's mill-based. Basically he lets you tap your creatures to mill your opponent for that creature's toughness. A LOT of people are crying tears of hate for Wizards, but I think it has potential synergy with the "Inspired" mechanic that does stuff when creatures untap.

pink freud

Reaction score
Purphoros is crazy good in EDH in any deck that can make a measurable number of tokens. My Animar deck killed the entire table once, doing 42 damage in ONE turn with a combination of Purphoros and other creatures, such as Avenger of Zendikar.

Wizards just spoiled Phenax, the Blue/Black God. Surprise, surprise, he's mill-based. Basically he lets you tap your creatures to mill your opponent for that creature's toughness. A LOT of people are crying tears of hate for Wizards, but I think it has potential synergy with the "Inspired" mechanic that does stuff when creatures untap.

Ooh, Wall of Frost mill deck...

And my Consuming Aberrations are even more terrifying now :lol:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Ooh, Wall of Frost mill deck...

And my Consuming Aberrations are even more terrifying now :lol:

Oh, good heavens. :lol:

Honestly, I don't know if I'll be buying any boxes of Born of the Gods. Cool as some of the cards seem, the value doesn't seem to be there. There only seems to be 1-2 standard playable mythics, same with rares, while having a whole host of awesome uncommons, and almost nothing with eternal appeal. It's like Dark Ascension 2.

Speaking of Dark Ascension, my foil "Thalia, Guardian of Thraben"s are each worth $25 now. Only Legacy-playable rare in the whole set, glad I held on to mine. Got them in packs, too. They're worth more than any foil mythic rare from Dark Ascension. :D

pink freud

Reaction score
So, just had the best game ever.

T1: Reliquary Tower, Sol Ring
T2: Seat of the Synod, Fog Bank
T3: Island, Tezzeret, -0 Tezz to search up Seat of the Synod
T4: Island
T5: Tap everything, +1 Tezz to untap Sol Ring and a SotS, tap again, Omniscience
T6: Enter the Infinite :lol: -> Traumatize -> Keening Stone -> Dance