Mail bombs sent to CNN / Dems

• Thread starter Bentaycanada
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I fire a gun at someone but miss, does it mean I was just trying to scare them?

Is it an air gun?

I wasn't saying that the perpetrator(s) didn't mean to not do harm to the intended victims, I just don't think that since they didn't hurt anyone that it means it was some flase flag operation.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I give up. I just eagerly await the day where everyone stops blaming everything on the president.

I fire a gun at someone but miss, does it mean I was just trying to scare them?

In my opinion, this guy was clearly trying to kill people. He just wasn't very good at it.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I give up. I just eagerly await the day where everyone stops blaming everything on the president.

No worries you must have missed this, so I'll post it again for you. You're welcome! ;)

Particularly relevant here... an excerpt from "Lies My Teacher Told Me" by Loewen:

At home, [President Woodrow] Wilson's racial policies disgraced the office he held. His Republican predecessors had routinely appointed blacks to important offices, including those of port collector for New Orleans and the District of Columbia and register of the treasury. Presidents sometimes appointed African Americans as postmasters, particularly in southern towns with large black populations. African Americans took part in the Republican Party's national conventions and enjoyed some access to the White House. Woodrow Wilson, for whom many African Americans voted in 1912, changed all that. A southerner, Wilson had been president of Princeton, the only major northern university that refused to admit blacks. He was an outspoken white supremacist—his wife was even worse—and told "darky" stories in cabinet meetings. His administration submitted a legislative program intended to curtail the civil rights of African Americans, but Congress would not pass it. Unfazed, Wilson used his power as chief executive to segregate the federal government. He appointed southern whites to offices traditionally reserved for blacks. Wilson personally vetoed a clause on racial equality in the Covenant of the League of Nations. The one occasion on which Wilson met with African American leaders in the White House ended in a fiasco as the president virtually threw the visitors out of his office. Wilson's legacy was extensive: he effectively closed the Democratic Party to African Americans for another two decades, and parts of the federal government remained segregated into the 1950s and beyond." In 1916 the Colored Advisory Committee of the Republican National Committee issued a statement on Wilson that, though partisan, was accurate: "No sooner had the Democratic Administration come into power than Mr. Wilson and his advisors entered upon a policy to eliminate all colored citizens from representation in the Federal Government."

Omitting or absolving [President Woodrow] Wilson's racism goes beyond concealing a character blemish. It is overtly racist. No black person could ever consider Woodrow Wilson a hero. Textbooks that present him as a hero are written from a white perspective. The coverup denies all students the chance to learn something important about the interrelationship between the leader and the led. White Americans engaged in a new burst of racial violence during and immediately after Wilson's presidency. The tone set by the administration was one cause. Another was the release of America's first epic motion picture.21 The filmmaker David W. Griffith quoted Wilson's two-volume history of the United States, now notorious for its racist view of Reconstruction, in his infamous masterpiece The Clansman, a paean to the Ku Klux Klan for its role in putting down "black-dominated" Republican state governments during Reconstruction. Griffith based the movie on a book by Wilson's former classmate, Thomas Dixon, whose obsession with race was "unrivaled until Mein Kampf." At a private White House showing, Wilson saw the movie, now retitled Birth of a Nation, and returned Griffith's compliment: "It is like writing history with lightning, and my only regret is that it is all so true." Griffith would go on to use this quotation in successfully defending his film against NAACP charges that it was racially inflammatory.22 This landmark of American cinema was not only the best technical production of its time but also probably the most racist major movie of all time. Dixon intended "to revolutionize northern sentiment by a presentation of history that would transform every man in my audience into a good Democrat! . . . And make no mistake about it—we are doing just that."2 ' Dixon did not overstate by much. Spurred by Birth of a Nation, William Simmons of Georgia reestablished the Ku Klux Klan. The racism seeping down from the White House encouraged this Klan, distinguishing it from its Reconstruction predecessor, which President Grant had succeeded in virtually eliminating in one state (South Carolina) and discouraging nationally for a time. The new KKK quickly became a national phenomenon. It grew to dominate the Democratic Party in many southern states, as well as in Indiana, Oklahoma, and Oregon. During Wilson's second term, a wave of antiblack race riots swept the country. Whites lynched blacks as far north as Duluth.24 If Americans had learned from the Wilson era the connection between racist presidential leadership and like-minded public response, they might not have put up with a reprise on a far smaller scale during the Reagan-Bush years." To accomplish such education, however, textbooks would have to make plain the relationship between cause and effect, between hero and followers. Instead, they reflexively ascribe noble intentions to the hero and invoke "the people" to excuse questionable actions and policies. According to Triumph of the American Nation: "As President, Wilson seemed to agree with most white Americans that segregation was in the best interests of black as well as white Americans." Wilson was not only antiblack; he was also far and away our most nativist president, repeatedly questioning the loyalty of those he called "hyphenated Americans," "Any man who carries a hyphen about with him," said Wilson, "carries a dagger that he is ready to plunge into the vitals of this Republic whenever he gets ready."26 The American people responded to Wilson's lead with a wave of repression of white ethnic groups; again, most textbooks blame the people, not Wilson. The American Tradition admits that "President Wilson set up" the Creel Committee on Public Information, which saturated the United States with propaganda linking Germans to barbarism. But Tradition hastens to shield Wilson from the ensuing domestic fallout: "Although President Wilson had been careful in his war message to state that most Americans of German descent were 'true and loyal citizens,' the anti-German propaganda often caused them suffering." Wilson displayed little regard for the rights of anyone whose opinions differed from his own.

tl;dr The connection between leaders and the led - the people often take their social and moral cues from their leaders (be it politicians, or today from social media "stars"). Or more apropos, a cycle between popularism, leaders, and the led. LGBTQ rights become a majority held view, leaders like Biden and then Obama become "enlightened", and then this becomes a socially acceptable norm for many. Trump is a nationalist, xenophobe, and what many consider to be a racist -> white nationalists come out from the dark.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...pidoZM5tNesZFhpDcJJHUoFkdIs5vILoBgSirEuEdNvuU
2 more suspicious packages have been found and were sent to Dem Sen. Cory Booker and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper

Talked to my eod buddies and they're very suspect of the whole thing. One of them laughed about the use of the digital timer saying it made no sense, and that pvc doesn't work well for a small scale explosive. The whole point is to cause pressure build up and the violent release of said pressure (like the pressure cooker bombs in the boston marathon) and the pvc just doesn't make that good of a pressure vessel. The propellant used (likely just black powder) is viable, but the trigger system doesn't make any sense since a tripwire or cellphone are more commonly used if remote detonation was the actual goal. Setting off the black powder requires a heating filament/ignition source (like 2 wires with steel wool or a magnesium strip placed between them) or a spark generated from the current having to cross a gap, which as far as my buddies could tell from the pics/xrays available to the public, these bombs lacked.
EDIT: the bombs did have a battery/wires to generate an ignition spark according to ABC: https://abcnews.go.com/US/explosive-device-maxine-waters-la-similar-obama-clinton/story?id=58737042

I'm sure we'll have more in depth analysis of the explosives whenever the FBI decides to share their findings. This whole situation is just bizarre, either we have the world's most inept bomber or maybe the conspiracy theorists are right about this one :nuts:

Last edited:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I only sort of skimmed the thread, but if baffles me that when someone sends out a bunch of bombs, we're wasting a bunch of time blaming everyone except the actual bomber.
"This is the lefts fault!" "This is the rights fault!" "This is the medias fault!" "Thanks Obama!" No, it's the bombers fault. Politics are dumb.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
I'm sure we'll have more in depth analysis of the explosives whenever the FBI decides to share their findings. This whole situation is just bizarre, either we have the world's most inept bomber or maybe the conspiracy theorists are right about this one :nuts:

Well, apparently an arrest has been made. And, not to get too far ahead of things, it does appear to be a "Florida man", so I would say sheer incompetence is not out of the question...

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I only sort of skimmed the thread, but if baffles me that when someone sends out a bunch of bombs, we're wasting a bunch of time blaming everyone except the actual bomber.
"This is the lefts fault!" "This is the rights fault!" "This is the medias fault!" "Thanks Obama!" No, it's the bombers fault. Politics are dumb.
Maybe you shouldn't have skimmed past USMarine75's posts...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's the dude's van:
hqsid0i2cakgetinyja8.jpg

I don't know guys, I think he might be a Trump supporter.

Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...dressed-sen-cory-booker-found-florida-n924776

This is the dude's Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/hardrock2016

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
I said it earlier. Fake bombs still doesn't jump straight to it being a pro-Democratic plot. Saying it's anything more than 50/50 at that point is nothing but biased bullshit.
i never said it was a pro-dem plot, all i said was that it was possible that this was either a hoax or we were witnessing the world's most inept bomber, and currently it looks to be the latter since they've arrested a suspect. There was no reason to take that tiny part of my earlier post out of context, it's not like I've been running around screaming FALSE FLAG HURR DURR or anything.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The conspiracy nuts are going to explode with this one!

I'll bet that before sundown (EST) there'll already be some kind of web that connects the guy to pro-Democratic politics. Book it.

What if he'd said that it was down by the river?

Not to speak ill of the dead but that generation of SNL turned out especially conservative, so I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Farley ended up being a Trumper if he lived this long :lol:

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Here's the dude's van:
hqsid0i2cakgetinyja8.jpg

I don't know guys, I think he might be a Trump supporter.

Hell, I think he might have even been an SSO regular. Haven't seen that guy around for a month or so...

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score

tl;dr The connection between leaders and the led - the people often take their social and moral cues from their leaders (be it politicians, or today from social media "stars"). Or more apropos, a cycle between popularism, leaders, and the led. LGBTQ rights become a majority held view, leaders like Biden and then Obama become "enlightened", and then this becomes a socially acceptable norm for many. Trump is a nationalist, xenophobe, and what many consider to be a racist -> white nationalists come out from the dark.

This clearly communicates to me that since the president broadcasts a heavily anti-democrat, anti-media message that it triggers a domino effect leading to a percentage of the people accepting these types of views as normal and acceptable, and those that already hold these views are now emboldened by this.

As a result, the crazier, fringey-er members of this idealogy are particularly dangerous because they interpret this as being totally cool; making it not that far of a stretch for one of these lunatics to start sending out bombs.
If I got something different from what you were trying to communicate, please clarify where my assessment is incorrect.

FWIW, I appreciated the excerpt- I never knew any of that about Wilson.

Looking forward to the next condescending post.