Mark Holcomb of Periphery's Private Stock PRS 7 String Stolen in Austin TX.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Oh damn that's too bad... I've actually never seen this one before. I thought he had only one Private Stock PRS 7 string? Maybe this is a prototype for a future run. Either way, thankfully it's only like 1 of 3 26.5" seven string PRS Private Stocks. I bet it won't be too difficult to find.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Oh damn that's too bad... I've actually never seen this one before. I thought he had only one Private Stock PRS 7 string? Maybe this is a prototype for a future run. Either way, thankfully it's only like 1 of 3 26.5" seven string PRS Private Stocks. I bet it won't be too difficult to find.

Assuming the guy that stole it tries to flip it, yeah.
But given it's a 7 stolen from Periphery, I'd bet this guy is going to lay low. Sad.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. What is the point of stealing this thing? Just an incredibly super-hot super-risky thing to have in your possession...

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. What is the point of stealing this thing? Just an incredibly super-hot super-risky thing to have in your possession...
Well I'm guessing who ever stole it knows Periphery and Mark so I would guess they want it just to have it, but I guess if you were a fan of his, why would you want to harm him in any way? Man, I hate a lot of people...

narad

Reaction score
Well I'm guessing who ever stole it knows Periphery and Mark so I would guess they want it just to have it, but I guess if you were a fan of his, why would you want to harm him in any way? Man, I hate a lot of people...

Even then you have this thing in your room just waiting to cause you tons of harm. I don't know, I guess there's no point in speculating. Just dumb people.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Even then you have this thing in your room just waiting to cause you tons of harm. I don't know, I guess there's no point in speculating. Just dumb people.
And on the other side of the coin, if this person isn't a fan and just wants to make some money, they must not know PRS guitars because they would have to be a complete idiot to sell or trade this one of a kind Private Stock. You would get caught immediately.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Hope he will get it back, like Emil Werstler got his PRS PS7 back after it was stolen

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Not to derail from the topic at hand, but how would you prove that Mark is the one who actually owns the guitar when it's a one of a kind item? Does the police have to get in touch with PRS when/if they find the guitar, or what?

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Not to derail from the topic at hand, but how would you prove that Mark is the one who actually owns the guitar when it's a one of a kind item? Does the police have to get in touch with PRS when/if they find the guitar, or what?
I mean I'm sure Mark has the paperwork and proof from PRS that it's his. I mean shit he's a famous PRS artist at this point with his own signature.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Odds are that even if there were no papers (which would be crazy), Paul himself likely would specifically remember who had it.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
Private Stock guitars are still serial numbered. Also, this one has "Custom Built For Mark Holcomb" written on the back of the headstock...

extendedsolo

Reaction score
Private Stock guitars are still serial numbered. Also, this one has "Custom Built For Mark Holcomb" written on the back of the headstock...

How easy would it be to remove that writing and paint it over? Wouldn't it look weird?

narad

Reaction score

How would they know it was that Mark Holcomb?