Mayones - Duncan solo competition 2014 Official Thread

ONE

He who is cake.
Reaction score
So once again it seems that Mayones and Seymour Duncan are hosting a solo contest to win a sweet guitar. Howeaver, after a quick search I couldn't find any threads relating to it :scratch: (if this is by some off chance a double thread please lock it up / delete it / whatever). Anyway, I'm sure at least a few other than myself on SSO have made solos or are at least interest in seeing others solos, so I figured that I'd start a thread where we can share our own, or others awesome solos. :shred:
Here's my solo. (I'm not really much of a shredder so I just tried to make interesting progressions / dynamics):

https://www.facebook.com/seymourduncanpickups?v=app_486254294756872&rest=1

Not really sure how to embed videos from the contest player... :wallbash:

Here are the links to the contest homes.
Mayones: Mayones/Duncan Solo Contest 2014! - Mayones Guitars & Basses - handmade in Poland since 1982
Seymour Duncan: https://www.facebook.com/seymourduncanpickups?v=app_486254294756872&rest=1

Also here's the sweet guitar the winner receives:
Mayones_Regius_7_Wenge_Alder_Seymour_Duncan_Schaller_Hannes_Sperzel_02_1400x933.jpg

Mayones_Regius_7_Wenge_Alder_Seymour_Duncan_Schaller_Hannes_Sperzel_03_1400x933.jpg

Flamed. Alder Back. :flame:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IkarusOnFire

Reaction score
Great idea - I had in mind to the very same thing. You need to copy/paste the link from the shared post on FB to link directly to your solo :)

Here's my entry, complete with windmachine (hairdryer), colorful pillows and pink flowers against a white wall...Yup, it was difficult to keep a straight face :)

Seymour Duncan: MayonesDuncan

Good luck friends! Some awesome entries on there.

//Marcus

EDIT: Anyone voting will be prompted to share the post - the app will ask for permission to post on your wall. You can accept, and then cancel sharing the post afterwards. The vote will count, and you don't have to spam your friends needlessly :)

EDIT 2: I posted it on Youtube as well - will embed here to lessen the amount of clicks :)

Last edited:

ONE

He who is cake.
Reaction score
Nice! I love it when solos, instead of just following the root notes of the chord, imply changes within the progression. It completely change the feel.

HateWorKs

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Like past year, me, my JP6 and my fellow Kemper are entering this great contest. I'm using pretty much the same setup as last time, with a tweaked Mark V profile (i love that amp).

Here it is, hit the [VOTE] button if you like what you hear, thanks ! ;)

Man Fischer - Mayones contest 2014

IkarusOnFire

Reaction score
Aleksa - MayonesDuncan

My friends solo, recorded the guitar thru amplitube, but the final guitar could've been a bit higher in the mix. Vote please :)

I think the guitar sits quite right in the mix - I realize some lead guitarists prefer to be way higher - but this way you get to hear both guitars. Might be neat a hint louder, but this works for me :) I recorded mine with Amplitube as well - only I put it through cubase and mastered it afterwards :)

//M

Angels Holocaust

Guitars and junk
Reaction score
Hi guys, it's been awhile since I've posted on here but I thought I'd throw up my MayonesDuncan entry. I used my RG2550E w/ Dimarzio D Activator-X's, through my buddy's Engl Fireball. If you like what you hear please cast a vote my way! :)

ehsanimn

Ehsan Imani
Reaction score
They have delay on choosing the top50. I hope they don't end up picking the winner suddenly!