Mayones Regius MBC?

• Thread starter darkinners
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
In short, got drunk last night..pressed the wrong button
A used 2012 Regius 7 Pepper MBC is on it's way to my home, expected delivery would next Monday.
To beat my conscience, the guitar actually reasonably priced.

So how good are MBC series? Anything better than regular production Mayos?
I had a Setius Pro 6 and a Regius 6 Gothic in the past (both sold/traded)
They were fantastic guitar but I needed some cash and PRS GAS was huge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
I've only played a duvell Elite. But if the quality is higher than that you're in for a treat!

Reaction score
I think the point of the MBC line is meant to be regular Mayones guitars, but with exquisite and top quality aesthetics. So they are a bit more expensive than the normal models, but with much more options on the outside. But since Mayones guitars are always of great quality, you can't go wrong with them.

mastapimp

Reaction score
I have a MBC regius wasabi from 2013 that is pretty incredible. I'm not sure how the quality compares to one of their standard models, but the woods, build quality, and set-up are absolute perfection. I was seriously looking at the chili and pepper options before pulling the trigger on the wasabi. Hope you enjoy it!

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
I have a MBC regius wasabi from 2013 that is pretty incredible. I'm not sure how the quality compares to one of their standard models, but the woods, build quality, and set-up are absolute perfection. I was seriously looking at the chili and pepper options before pulling the trigger on the wasabi. Hope you enjoy it!

In 2012 MBC Chili is my fav as well but couldn't find one cheap enough for me to pull the trigger.
Pepper being second choice I am still very happy.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
I forgot the photo.

Photos link from the original seller
TB27Z8DgpXXXXbMXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!161447680.jpg

TB2nF8QgpXXXXcFXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!161447680.jpg

TB2QxNSgpXXXXciXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!161447680.jpg

TB26oBGgpXXXXasXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!161447680.jpg

TB2nOVKgpXXXXc2XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!161447680.jpg

TB2q64ZgpXXXXapXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!161447680.jpg

metallifan3091

Reaction score
I think I prefer the wasabi and pepper over the chili, personally, but all three are beautiful instruments. I'm interested to hear how you like the Aftermaths in an ash body.

xzacx

Reaction score
Looks awesome. The binding on these usually kills them for me and make them look like a Schecter, but this looks great.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
The Masterbuilt Line is far greater than the production/custom stuff. A different team of luthiers works on those specifically.

Can confirm, had 9 Mayos and 4 of those were MBC.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Can confirm, 2 dealers independently said they're exactly the same. Confirmation bias? :p

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Current owner of 2 of the MBC I still talk to agrees as well, and he has a massive Mayo collection. Fretwork is nicer and the builds overall are far more solid. Dawid has already said that their oldest and best luthiers work on the MBC collection and that they feel better than the other things they do as a result, I spoke to him directly at NAMM last year.

I don't even own a Mayo right now, so there's no bias to be had :lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That info's also from a NAMM discussion so I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't really make sense that they would feel better tbh -- like, here's where our intern does the shoddy fretwork and neck carves for the $3k orders, and here's where our oldest (and therefore best?) luthiers do the good stuff? Construction methods all the same and pretty much everything's getting PLEK'd anyway.