Mayones Regius MBC?

• Thread starter darkinners
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Well the production guitars aren't shitty in any regard, this is akin to a tiered difference by the experience of the people working on it. Private Stock vs Artist Package/Production PRS, doesn't mean the guitars under the Private Stock are shitty just that the PS ones are better but also more expensive.

If someone has been building guitars longer, generally the experience brings about a better instrument. I've had tiny finish flaws and issues on some of my production/custom mayos and none of my MBC FWIW.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Lots of people will attest to PS not being any better and occasionally worse than WL/AP PRS, only prettier. So in that sense, the MBC analogy is pretty apt.

I think people place far too much faith in luthier skill, romanticizing the idea of guitar buliding, when what makes a good guitar is not even worked out on an objective level, won't even be the same person to person. And you have to imagine pretty much all guitars within one low-production handmade guitar shop are being built using the same methodology -- it's not like one mayones guy installs a trussrod in a completely different way than another mayones guy -- they're going to use the same process, building a guitar with the same functional specs, from the same stash of wood (though some MBC and custom shop orders get some weird ones, but mostly just for tops).

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
I think I prefer the wasabi and pepper over the chili, personally, but all three are beautiful instruments. I'm interested to hear how you like the Aftermaths in an ash body.

I don't generally like Aftermath from my past experience, they has that really annoying ringing resonant that I don't like.
I planned to switch them to either Nagzul + Sentient set or Nailbomb ceramic bridge + VHII neck
I will let you know how I feel Aftermath on this guitar after I got it.

metallifan3091

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! I know that a lot of people love Aftermaths, and I've never played them so I have no informed opinion. Just based on what I've heard though, it seems like it'd be hard to EQ the 'djent' out of an ash guitar with them.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Here's a pic of mine...I went with gloss instead of matte.

14650478_10109469730840301_4881661662205530101_n_zpse4mxv3sh.jpg

knet370

Reaction score
just wondering how thin can mayones cs neck can go? 21-1st to 23-12th is kinda on the thick side for my hands.

Reaction score
just wondering how thin can mayones cs neck can go? 21-1st to 23-12th is kinda on the thick side for my hands.
Sacrificing tone, I suppose they could easily make it Ibanez thin. They're craftsmen, so they can do everything. For a fee, that is.

Ziricote

Reaction score
Believe me, I ask many emails to dealer and Mayones about this last year. I ask is there any difference in the quality and the building. The answer I receive is a big No. MBC is only a deluxe version of their stock specs.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
Just got it from the deliver to me.
I gotta say, the build quality is amazing, fit and finish and playability all better than my old Setius and Regius
and for the Aftermath with this guitar I am pleasantly surprised.
It doesn't have that annoying ringing frequency I experienced with my already sold Regius 6.
I already got Nazgul + Sentient mailing to me, I guess I will try and see which set work better for me.
The guitar is lighter than I thought, which is nice.

Thank you for the help guys!

36080361756_dec9c58842_h.jpg

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
hope to get one someday, I was trying one Regius sometime ago and quality was on the top level! GL and HNGD!

Thanks!They worth every penny. you should get one :p
Congrats! it looks amazing.
Hope I would buy that kind of guitars when I get drunk... :p

I took some tequila shots, some bacardi 151, boat load of ales.
Maybe you take this recipe you will :p

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
Looks awsm man, congrats! My Mayo GAS isn't getting better by this, good thing the remedy soon will be in my hands! :p

Thanks man! What are you getting ?:wag:

The fit and finish on this guitar are impeccable, I just couldn't stop playing it.
Funny this is my first 7s guitar, I have boatload of 6s and had a 8s.
the 7s neck took no time to get used to, which I didn't think it would be the case.

Here are two more photo that have better look of the guitar
aIsGMKWLOX9aaCS9qb-a0d1gzQnH4BbuVBWgb62Cdwlng565uutSRw3lIyVkI-HhsFkWux8cK7MPdg=w1920-h1080-rw

NyN8X9j6qYX_Tfq2wa7RltPgONKezGsE6E-2BXsVddFWrrTzo4fHb_66soi1FCJA0MA_tNm29W_XUw=w1920-h1080-rw

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
HNGD dude, those MBC Regius/Duvell's are so nice. Although only thing I'd want from the MBC is a schaller bridge.

Enjoy!