McRocklin announces Fishman Fluence Signature PUps

• Thread starter juka
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
I mean this with all sincerity:

Who?

He has chops and he can play, but he's still has a long way to go imho to find his voice etc. He was the kid who played the kid Vai in the video clip for "The audience is listening", a fun fact :D.

EDIT: Here

EDIT2: I see I was nija'd by @aesthyrian, well, I posted b4 reading the whole thread, guilty as charged.

Last edited:

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Although he seems to be a 6string guy only, I hope Fishman will offer them for 7string, too.

Well, they only release what the artist is using or can sell, KSE, Willie Adler sets are only 6-string till now. Steph Carpenter only 7, 8. They released a limited edition 6-string but once they were gone, that was it. Don't hold your breath, I'd say.

juka

Reaction score
Well, they only release what the artist is using or can sell, KSE, Willie Adler sets are only 6-string till now. Steph Carpenter only 7, 8. They released a limited edition 6-string but once they were gone, that was it. Don't hold your breath, I'd say.
Not so sure about that, maybe they have learnt from those examples.
Haven't seen Tosin or Javier with anything but 8strings, but their signatures are offered for 6 and 7string also.
So there's hope... maybe...

Reaction score
Who else saw McRocklin unveiling his upcoming Fluence Signature set on his live twitch while unboxing his latest Kiesel?
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/841940478?t=00h45m49s

"Classic humbuckers with the most modern split sounds" that's how he described them.
Sounded very promising. Looking very much forward to more info being released.

The single coils (V3) sounded a lot brighter and chimier than everything I heard from him using the Abasis.
The PUPs will be based on the Open Core Classics for sure, but he didn't say for which humbucker voicing he went for V1 and V2. But so far his favorite humbucker voicings seem to have been V2 on Abasis and Classics each.

As I still didn't have a change to test the Abasis I don't know how much those two voicings differ from each other.

Although he seems to be a 6string guy only, I hope Fishman will offer them for 7string, too.

Interesting to see to see how Ken Susi avoided all questions about Fluence product news in his recent takeover, although it was pretty clear that these questions were triggered by McRocklin letting the cat out of the bag a few days before.
You're totally right and the look and sound awesome.

juka

Reaction score
In his most recent Fishman Takeover on Youtube Ken stated that the McR Pickups will basically just be stock Open Coil Classics with a slightly altered Voice 3 (more modern sounding "single coil").
They therefore will belong to the Custom Series (=stock pickups with only minor tweaks) and not the Signature Series (like KM or JJ sets).