Meditation

• Thread starter David
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
my drug.

Discuss.:lol:

(I think this should be interesting, especially for any Freud fans:))

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's one means to an end, be it relaxation, preparation for performance with mental imagery, etc.

If it works for you, do it.

There's both the start AND the end of the discussion

:lol:

Seriously though... the whole make a thread title with "discuss" as the body is like sooo 2002.

the joy of a discussion board is responding to somebody's reasoning.... so start it off and give us some!

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
lol, ok, for me, "secular" style, and having 0 thoughts. Meditation is a big ass category of a ton of focusing with the mind, but not thinking at all, is insanely hard to achieve. When you "wake up" out of it, it's like someone injected you with happy pills.

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
cool. i don't think i've ever tried it. i know i've closed my eyes and pictured myself performing a difficult exercise, either on the guitar, or in the gym, and it helps me relax and focus on what I have to do... but i dont' think that's actually meditation.

I've never sat there and tried to cleanse my mind of thoughts and distractions. I'd probably just fall asleep and fall short of the objective if anything.

some methods that give me immediate happiness.

contributing to a charity or fundraiser. I did D.A.R.E. 2 weeks ago. even donating clothes to Goodwill feels really good. I immediately feel like i"m worth something when i give extra.

coffee. For me, nothing beats caffeine. it fixes me everytime.

financial relief. really, my only stress in life is paying the bills. when the money is good, i can relax. right now, things just suck major ass.

going out with my boys for pool and gallons of red and dark beer. those days are so few and far between that when they come, it's like a fucking holiday. We're all on cloud 9.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
awesome ways to relieve stress and excess thoughts.:yesway: \

If you go wikipedia "meditation", you'll see how many kinds and ways it can be used for. Crazyness amounts of thoughts, and no thoughts, in the category.

Whenever I get someone to try it, they'll attempt it, and go, ok, I did it... then I'll start questioning them like, how do you know? and then they think, and realize that the whole time they were thinking "i'm not thinking anything," and repeating that one phrase in their head. If you all of a sudden have a thought, and come back into "reality", that's the only way you can know you achieved it. Also, you know you're not asleep, becuase it's really a lot different than waking up from a sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.