Metalheads SDX out

• Thread starter Xifter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sevenstringj

Banned
Reaction score
I've given up with Metal Foundry, and to be honest I'm kind of feeling weakened by Toontrack in general. Maybe I should try Addictive, or BFD.. or SSD?

I much prefer the Avatar set. Metal Foundry was for the most part a waste of money. The few good sounds they have in there either sound too much like the signature of certain worshiped bands, or are already in DFH.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Got it, was short of new toys.
Here's a very basic riff I've done with it. Seemed ok on the monitors at home but here at my work PC with headphones the charley and cymbals aren't very audible I'll add some more velocity.
Guitars and bass are straight to the daw, no mixing/editing, drums are likewise completely unmodded and with default settings.

SoundClick artist: Vaestmannaeyjar - page with MP3 music downloads

sevenstringj

Banned
Reaction score

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Just an FYI.....MetalHeads sounds very different from MF & DFH due to being Mixed by Daniel Bergstrand at Dug Out Studios...Plus MetalHeads has custom Kick & Snare triggers from Daniel Bergstrand in addition to the Kick & Snare samples. (which Toontrack has never done before) This is a huge plus for Superior users who can X-drum the Triggers into MF or any SDX kit.

What is a kick and snare trigger?

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Do you think if I have SD2.0 and Metal Foundry, it would make sense to still order the Metalheads expansion ?
Do you guys think there would be any sounds in this that could not be achieved with Metal Foundry?