Metallica: 72 Seasons

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Load and reload were good sounding albums, for all the style divergence. St Anger and to a lesser extent Death Magnetic just sounded like shit. Hardwired sounds "good enough", 72 seasons I'm skipping until Amazon gets their ass in grar and deliver the ***** vynil...

Death Magnetic certainly doesn't have the best production and the clipping doesn't help... Luckily there is now a remastered version available on the Metallica website that doesn't clip. Much better!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mehegama

Reaction score
Load and Reload were a huge disappointment back then. Most songs had this bluesy/southern rock vibe, which i absolutely hate, so i could not stand them even though there are a few good songs, the less bluesy ones. On top of that, the guitar tones was awful, super dark/muddy with no distortion saturation at all. Finally the artwork, GQ-Cuban pimp style etc ended it for me, they looked totally ridiculous.
If they had kept the black album's production and tone and did only 1 album out of the two without the fillers (Ronnie, Poor twisted me, bad seed, attitude, cure, thorn within, prince charming, slither etc) it would have been way more successful imo.

gnoll

Reaction score
I just put on Load. It's worse than I remember, real bad. And it's long, seems to never end. It makes some sense though. It's totally the sound of a band that has no reason to care or try anymore.

manu80

Reaction score
Saw them in Paris on wednesday and friday. Band running on full cylinder.
Forgot that stadium venues can be tricky soundwise, second night was better that the first to me, clearer.

No repeat night, love that concept.
Aside the regular titles, we had 6 titles from 72 split on the 2 nights, I disappear, TDTNC, moth into a flame, Cyanide (that didn't make the audience react a lot), whisky, blackened, harvester, unforgiven, sanitarium. They opened with For whom the first night, creeping death the second, closed with master wednesday and sandman yesterday.
Great nights, still packed with energy.

They're not dead yet, and 72 seasons fits really well in their songs roster.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
It's weird to me. When I was in highschool I was called a satanist for listening to Metallica and even taken to be questioned by the principal about why I listened to Metallica and forced to talk to a Marine recruiter.

Now all those redneck assholes brag about liking Metallica. It's like Metallica have become the country music of metal.

Zer01

Reaction score
Weird how times change. I remember around 92-93 hearing Master of Puppets on the radio at 3 am and I was just amazed that that happened.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Weird how times change. I remember around 92-93 hearing Master of Puppets on the radio at 3 am and I was just amazed that that happened.
I remember it blowing my mind when the top 40 had 'One' in it. Now all the "real rock" stations have Mandatory Metallica blocks. My younger self wouldn't believe it.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I remember it blowing my mind when the top 40 had 'One' in it. Now all the "real rock" stations have Mandatory Metallica blocks. My younger self wouldn't believe it.
Yeah. Even my southern evangelical alt right christian boomer dad who used to give me so much shit about listening to satanic Metallica suddenly forgot how satanic they are once he found out how much James Hetfield jerks off over Ted Nugent and that they're hunting buddies.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Yeah. Even my southern evangelical alt right christian boomer dad who used to give me so much shit about listening to satanic Metallica suddenly forgot how satanic they are once he found out how much James Hetfield jerks off over Ted Nugent and that they're hunting buddies.
My dad didn't ever hate Metallica, was actually pretty indifferent. Then he went to a car show that had a couple of James' toys at, and suddenly he was quizzing me on that "Jaymza Hatfield guy you and your friends always talked about." :lol: