Metallica "Gear Run" rig rundown (Hetfield)

• Thread starter FireInside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Here's Kirk's:

Dat flame Ouija. Holy damn that's hot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Axayacatl

Reaction score
yeah that ouija flame is incredible.

Kirk's tech seems like such a chill dude!!!

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Upon closer inspection, that actually appears to be a quilted top. Either way, I've always loved the Ouija guitar. That takes it to new levels of awesome.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
The Hetfield video seems more like an ad for TC than anything else. The guy barely mentions what heads he uses or settings for them.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The Hetfield video seems more like an ad for TC than anything else. The guy barely mentions what heads he uses or settings for them.

Because it IS a TC Electonic ad, and the guy doing the interview is TC's business/product manager. :lol: It was originally posted by TC's youtube page, but the user in OP reposted it.

Original link:

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
I liked it. It seem to be all about this TC Effects, which wasnt that interesting for me. I guess the interviewer was a TC associate.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I liked it. It seem to be all about this TC Effects, which wasnt that interesting for me. I guess the interviewer was a TC associate.

Refer to this:

Because it IS a TC Electonic ad, and the guy doing the interview is TC's business/product manager. :lol: It was originally posted by TC's youtube page, but the user in OP reposted it.

Original link:

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing - Kirks really shows some of the difficulties of using 3 separate rigs, dude has a ton of stuff to worry about!

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
I have never understood what facilitates such complex rigs. I don't think I ever will.

I mean I get the running 2 amps and having backups and such, but I don't understand why Jame's rig had like 5 of the same preamps going into 2 power amps when he's also using what, a mark V and a Dizel? it just boggles my mind :nuts:

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
I have never understood what facilitates such complex rigs. I don't think I ever will.

I mean I get the running 2 amps and having backups and such, but I don't understand why Jame's rig had like 5 of the same preamps going into 2 power amps when he's also using what, a mark V and a Dizel? it just boggles my mind :nuts:
Well the video explains it pretty well. James has been using Boogies since '85. It's been a core part of the Metallica sound. The Triaxis and the 2:90 are essentially a Mark V, but he doesn't have a Mark V in his rig.

And yes, because Metallica can do whatever the fvck they want really.

Spinedriver

Reaction score

Thanks for the clarification. :yesway:

I've only seen it posted as "James Hetfield's Rig" and it seemed odd that they only really talked about the TC processor and his ESP guitars.