Michael Jackson is dead.

Demeyes

Reaction score
I can't say I'm too surprised, but it's a loss to the world of music all the same. I expect there will lots of jokes flying around soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Yeah haha i've been hearing MJ jokes all day sadly lol.

RIP.

Too soon?

michael-jackson_1.jpg

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Definitely one of the most talented people to ever be a part of the Music Business.

PlagueX1

Banned
Reaction score
Well...to be honest no one really cared about Chuck Schuldiner that much

No, its not really that it's that Micheal Jackson is much more well known obviously, so there is bound to be jokes. Especially with all the shit he's been through/done.

I can't think of any jokes that would even work with Chuck Schuldiner.

Reaction score
No, its not really that it's that Micheal Jackson is much more well known obviously, so there is bound to be jokes. Especially with all the shit he's been through/done.

I can't think of any jokes that would even work with Chuck Schuldiner.

That's my point. He wasn't as well known. And if we're on the topic, as much as I make light of the subject..I hold Wacko Jacko in higher regard.

DeadfromMayhem.jpg

Dead?

Reaction score
:squint:

Because he was a normal, decent human being.

Wait wait now...I'm not even a Jackson fan..but even though the man had some screws loose (quite a few)..he didn't seem to be a bad person...of course I could be wrong, don't know the man personally. Same with Chuck..however on a musical level clearly one accomplished a lot more than the other. I meant on a grand scale, Jackson's death is making a bigger impact as he was a massive music legend. Let's not turn this into a "how great Chuck is" thing..because he wasn't all that miraculous and if we're going note for note between the two Jacko still comes out on top

Effigy of Sin

Homo..... sapien
Reaction score
i was listening to him since the late 80s, i remember the first ever album i owned was "Bad" on cassette, most of my musical influenced came from him, at least on a melodic level.

did anyone remember his film Moonwalker? ah, good days.

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
wouldn't it be crazy if this was some kind of hoax. I mean if anyone was gonna do something like he seems like he would be the one to do it.

because he was supposed to do all those shows right?

but thats just a bit crazuy i think

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Wait wait now...I'm not even a Jackson fan..but even though the man had some screws loose (quite a few)..he didn't seem to be a bad person...of course I could be wrong, don't know the man personally. Same with Chuck..however on a musical level clearly one accomplished a lot more than the other. I meant on a grand scale, Jackson's death is making a bigger impact as he was a massive music legend. Let's not turn this into a "how great Chuck is" thing..because he wasn't all that miraculous and if we're going note for note between the two Jacko still comes out on top

:rolleyes:

Jackson helped redefine pop (well, maybe, who knows who turns the gears of pop music behind the scenes, I've never actually seen him constructing music on his own with an instrument or otherwise), and Shuldiner helped redefine the extreme ends of metal assuredly with his own two hands and unmodified voice. Take what you want from that based on what's relevant to your ears.

Edit: * Variant has no interest in a pissing match over Jackson's life, music, or otherwise... really.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Merged all MJ threads into this one. Keep it repsectful, folks. While I have my own mixed feelings about this, let's not turn this into a flame fest.

Thanks in advance.

Brendan G

What is this then?
Reaction score
Wow . . . I'm not going to lie and say that I was a huge fan while he was alive, however, I did respect him for the musician he was because I knew he revolutionized pop music, and it is a damn shame that such an icon of music died so suddenly and fairly young.