Mini Boost Pedals?

0rimus

Reaction score
Hey y'all! I just today received my Headrush frfr108 and a Valeton Coral Amp modeller mini pedal.

Right in the honeymoon phase but I'm blown away by how not-shitty it sounds. (Maybe do a NGD thread after more time with em)

As practical as I try to be I kinda swerved the whole mini pedal deal. But this rig is making a travel/ bring to work/ fly-rig a very tantalizing possibility.

One of the high gain amp models on the Coral gets close my kind of tone, but yeah. Boost is needed.(unsurprisingly) (spoiled by my Ceres lol)

TL;DR
What mini boosts/overdrives deliever 'the goods' for boosting? (Yes it must be mini, that's the point)

Fortin Grind mini:
Pros-Looks sweet as hell. I own a 33 and it's beast.

Cons-Expensive

Tone City Mandragora:
Pros-I watched the Gear God's mini boost pedal shootout and this was my favorite out of all the pedals demoed.

Cons-I love the color purple, but good lawd is that pinkish shade they picked hideous.
Also nobody uses it?

Ibanez Mini TS:

Idunno about this one. Ibanez, looks solid.

I know it's blasphemy but in my 15 years of playing guitar, I've literally never once used a ts808 or ts9. Not even clones or variants. Ever. Literally. Not Ibby nor Maxon. *shrug*

I love my Airis Savage Boost, wish they did a mini :(

Anywho, what do you guys think? Any stand out mini boosts? Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

0rimus

Reaction score
Aw shizz. Totally forgot about that one. All this mini stuff kinda went under my radar.

But what is it with mini pedals and these gaudy paintjobs? Blue, green, pink, puke.

I'm boring. Where's good ole black, white, and metal options lol?

Shask

Reaction score
I have considered something like the Mooer Green Mile, but in the end, it seems like the Ibanez TS Mini is so popular, that I will probably just grab one of those eventually.

It really just depends on what style of boost you like, since there are so many types. Aggressive, smooth, transparent, flat, mid boosed, treble booster, etc....

0rimus

Reaction score
Yeah, a YouTube demo trip is in order.

For $50 though I might just gut a Mandragora and paint strip/sand the enclosure hahaha

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I had a Green Mile for a bit and it held its own against my Maxon OD-808 for boosting a high gain sound, but fell short for leads where I actually used some of the gain from the pedal. Definitely worth it if you're only interested in using it as a clean boost for high gain :yesway:

You might also look at the Keeley Katana mini for a true clean boost, Wampler Tumnus for a Klon-style, and the Eno Trouble for a mini OCD clone .