Misha Mansoor Pink Jackson 8 String

Inanimate100

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys !!

Do we ever think Misha Mansoor’s pink multi-scale 8 string Jackson will ever become a production model ?? I have serious GAS for it. (Have had for a LONG time)

Any News ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
HT7s are already $5k, I'd say it's saving more like $4 or 5k.

The first run of HT8s was $5k when HT7s were like $3k.
Fuck me :lol:
As much as I like all of Misha's USA sigs I just don't see how people can justify spending the money on them new.

I had no clue they even did a run of HT8s. Those must have dropped during the period that I wasn't playing or looking into guitars much.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Fuck me :lol:
As much as I like all of Misha's USA sigs I just don't see how people can justify spending the money on them new.

I had no clue they even did a run of HT8s. Those must have dropped during the period that I wasn't playing or looking into guitars much.
Yeah, it was 2016 I think. They made 30 of them in matte black with the ugly headstock.

Even the normal Juggernaut refresh was 4 years ago now.

Taylord

Reaction score
I bought my HT6 2nd hand for 2k 2 years ago. Would love to have a 7 someday, but there's no way it's worth that much.

bulb

Reaction score
I doubt it. Jackson will probably drop Misha in favor of a musician that moves instruments. What do you think @bulb ?
I appreciate you letting me reside rent-free for so many years now, and apologies for looking a gift horse in the mouth, but it's a shithole in there, could you fix it up please?
Thanks!

bulb

Reaction score
Hey guys !!

Do we ever think Misha Mansoor’s pink multi-scale 8 string Jackson will ever become a production model ?? I have serious GAS for it. (Have had for a LONG time)

Any News ??
Development is slow cuz we are working on several things at once, and it's been less of a priority since 8s don't move crazy numbers. With that said, I'd love to put that out, just gotta figure some stuff out. The bridge pickup at that angle isn't quite giving me the sound I want, although it's cool so I actually still use it to record. But i'd need an angle that matches the bridge which likely means some sort of BKP soapbar situation that can accommodate it. I also want to see if I can mess with the neutral fret to get the perfect balance between fretting angle and picking angle, it's currently good, but I want to see if we can optimize further!

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Development is slow cuz we are working on several things at once, and it's been less of a priority since 8s don't move crazy numbers. With that said, I'd love to put that out, just gotta figure some stuff out. The bridge pickup at that angle isn't quite giving me the sound I want, although it's cool so I actually still use it to record. But i'd need an angle that matches the bridge which likely means some sort of BKP soapbar situation that can accommodate it. I also want to see if I can mess with the neutral fret to get the perfect balance between fretting angle and picking angle, it's currently good, but I want to see if we can optimize further!
Before it goes into production can you get Jackson to make a better 8 string headstock for it? Maybe the same one as on the 6 and 7.

bulb

Reaction score
Before it goes into production can you get Jackson to make a better 8 string headstock for it? Maybe the same one as on the 6 and 7.
Headstocks are tricky, maybe? I honestly don’t hate it as it is, and it’s only worth doing if you can improve it. Hopefully in a way which doesn’t get another company attempting to take you to court over it haha.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score

Couldn't a custom baseplate be used to get the required angle? I know BKP are capable of manufacturing such baseplates as you can order pickups with the correct angle to suit an Ormsby as an example

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I appreciate you letting me reside rent-free for so many years now, and apologies for looking a gift horse in the mouth, but it's a shithole in there, could you fix it up please?
Thanks!
Meh, coprophagists might like it