Mishas Sig?

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
I mean, this is just factually wrong. Most string instruments have been played in right and left handed orientations since they've existed. It's just that it's only with cutaways and electronics etc that instruments have been inherently ambidextrous.

Like, lefty cellos and violins are a thing. They just only require a different bridge and but at most.
Find me a picture of any orchestra pit in the world where someone is playing left handed. I would love to see the person next to them taking a bow to the neck. You would need a whole section of them and have to isolate them from everyone else.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen here and that's saying something. Who gives a shit if someone wants to play guitar left-handed? It literally doesn't affect you in any way at all.

And, plus, the two most influential (probably) electric guitarists EVER played left-handed...It kinda worked out for them, eh?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeftyJuggernaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen here and that's saying something. Who gives a shit if someone wants to play guitar left-handed? It literally doesn't affect you in any way at all.

And, plus, the two most influential (probably) electric guitarists EVER played left-handed...It kinda worked out for them, eh?

That’s also been a big talking point for lefty guitarists, the level of influence they’ve had on the instrument since it’s invention

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Hendrix is one. Who's the other lefty?

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Depends on your generation, I could imagine it would be between either Iommi or Cobain
I always forget Cobain is a lefty. For me at least none of the 3 influenced me personally, but I can definitely appreciate what they brought to the guitar world.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
One could also throw Dick Dale and Paul McCartney in there as far as overall influence, but likely not in the same category as inspiring people to pick up a guitar for the first time as Hendrix and Cobaine...

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Thanks!! I’ve currently got my eye on the new Schecter John Browne Tao, it’s specs are extremely close to the Juggernaut, it’s not that expensive, and I obviously love John Browne as a player, it’s pretty much right up my alley and the closest guitar on the market to the Juggernaut so that’ll definitely be my next purchase, just needs an Evertune and some Bare Knuckle pickups and it’s perfect!!!
FWIW Browne has said himself that he favors the new pickups Schecter designed for him over his tried and true BKPs he’s been using for the past decade. I know you’re more a Misha guy so you probably want Rags or Juggs, but I don’t think you’ll need to worry about swapping out the pickups right away if you go this route. :2c:

Also, thank you for registering a new account and bumping this thread back up. I had read tales of the “left handed juggernaut kid” a few times on here but missed out on it back in 2017 because I wasn’t active for a few years. It was a quality read to say the least.

LeftyJuggernaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
FWIW Browne has said himself that he favors the new pickups Schecter designed for him over his tried and true BKPs he’s been using for the past decade. I know you’re more a Misha guy so you probably want Rags or Juggs, but I don’t think you’ll need to worry about swapping out the pickups right away if you go this route. :2c:

Also, thank you for registering a new account and bumping this thread back up. I had read tales of the “left handed juggernaut kid” a few times on here but missed out on it back in 2017 because I wasn’t active for a few years. It was a quality read to say the least.

I have heard great things about the Schecter USA pickups so you’re right, maybe I won’t even have to worry about swapping them, overall it looks to be a great guitar for its price

Reaction score
If this is wrong I don’t wanna be right…:djent:

View attachment 125172
125a8301-5da0-4b3e-aa40-341dcd7311c0_text.gif

Kwert

Reaction score
I mean, this is just factually wrong. Most string instruments have been played in right and left handed orientations since they've existed. It's just that it's only with cutaways and electronics etc that instruments have been inherently ambidextrous.

Like, lefty cellos and violins are a thing. They just only require a different bridge and but at most.

A bit off-topic but they’re not really a thing. It’s very rare (almost non-existent) that you see someone playing a bowed string instrument left-handed. The entire instrument has to be redone. The arching and thickness of the top will sometimes need to be altered to accommodate the bass bar and sound post swapping sides, it’s likely a new bass bar/sound post will have to be made and fitted on the opposite side, the neck has to be set differently and a differently shaped fingerboard has to be carved. In order to do it properly it’s a whole process that costs a ton of money.

Most reputable luthiers charge close to a grand just to take the top off an instrument, which would be required to switch around the bass bar and sound post. That’s not including the cost of carving a new post, bass bar, bridge and fingerboard.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I've been looking at a couple of juggernauts, the neon orange pro series ht7 and the gulf blue ET7 models, and I have a couple of questions.

Maybe I should tag @bulb here.

With the gulf blue, the pictures on most retailers sites look very light. Almost a white with blue tint, but in most other pictures (like instagram/reverb/etc) they seem to be more 'blue'. Do the colours vary with these, or is one more accurate?

Here are a couple of shots for reference:

Img_2023_05_18_23_15_28.jpeg

Img_2023_05_18_23_16_39.jpeg

As for the orange one, I'm curious if there might be an Evertune variant on the way at some point. I tried the grey evertune model dinky dk2 and it really sold me on Evertune, and I wouldn't hesitate if there were an orange ET7.

LeftyJuggernaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been looking at a couple of juggernauts, the neon orange pro series ht7 and the gulf blue ET7 models, and I have a couple of questions.

Maybe I should tag @bulb here.

With the gulf blue, the pictures on most retailers sites look very light. Almost a white with blue tint, but in most other pictures (like instagram/reverb/etc) they seem to be more 'blue'. Do the colours vary with these, or is one more accurate?

Here are a couple of shots for reference:

View attachment 125218

View attachment 125219

As for the orange one, I'm curious if there might be an Evertune variant on the way at some point. I tried the grey evertune model dinky dk2 and it really sold me on Evertune, and I wouldn't hesitate if there were an orange ET7.

From everything I’ve heard it’s a very light blue, it can definitely look almost white under some lightning. If you’re more into the Orange but want an Evertune, don’t forget that you can have Evertune order the guitar for you and install it directly, I believe it’s a bit cheaper to do that too

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
From everything I’ve heard it’s a very light blue, it can definitely look almost white under some lightning. If you’re more into the Orange but want an Evertune, don’t forget that you can have Evertune order the guitar for you and install it directly, I believe it’s a bit cheaper to do that too
It is cheaper by about 200. At least from the Juggernaut they have on the website currently. They also have a Dk Modern Evertune 7 string that's about 150 cheaper than buying from a store as well. Definitely some reals to be had for anyone looking.

Siggevaio

Reaction score

Of course he's gonna say that. You can't release and market a new product and say that you prefer the old gear. 😄 I doubt Browne went with Schecter because he wanted a better guitar than his Mayones. With that said I'm sure it's possible to get 99% of the same sound with both pickups if you dial it in right so I agree with him not having to change pickups before trying them out.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Of course he's gonna say that. You can't release and market a new product and say that you prefer the old gear. 😄 I doubt Browne went with Schecter because he wanted a better guitar than his Mayones. With that said I'm sure it's possible to get 99% of the same sound with both pickups if you dial it in right so I agree with him not having to change pickups before trying them out.
:lol: yeah, but my point was more that Schecter USA pickups are more than good enough in most cases. I'm sure he could have been a stickler about getting the Nailbomb Coldsweat combo if he had wanted it badly enough.