Mishas Sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
Hands down my favorite finish and version of this guitar. Happy ngd.

darkpheonix

Reaction score
What an awesome guitar and very close to the specs I would have asked for with a CS, the only thing I "dislike" is the neck being blot-on but that's me being picky...and I just love neck-trhough.
Thinking about getting an HT6 Laguna Burst but it's still hard to find in Europe and some stores make it expensive as hell making it cheaper to import and pay shipping and taxes.
So yeah, not sure where I might get it.

kentheterrible

cheer up emo kid
Reaction score
After asking GC for updates for weeks, I finally got the to call Jackson and track down my Laguna HT7. Good news, my guitar is in their shipping department now so I should have mine by the end of next week. I was about to cancel and just pick up something else. Hope this thing ends up with a really nice top on it when it shows up!

I do still have a Majesty to compare with the Juggernaut when it does show up but that's another story for another time.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
As a huge and I mean HUGE EBMM fan, and a pervious owner of two Majesties. The Juggernaut blows the majesty out of the water in my opinion, at least mine does. It really does feel above and beyond like one of the nicest guitars you could lay your hands on. But that's partially because I believe gloss feels nicer than most satins.

TheBigGroove

Reaction score
As a huge and I mean HUGE EBMM fan, and a pervious owner of two Majesties. The Juggernaut blows the majesty out of the water in my opinion, at least mine does. It really does feel above and beyond like one of the nicest guitars you could lay your hands on. But that's partially because I believe gloss feels nicer than most satins.

Damn...this has me even more stoked that I pulled the trigger on this. Been wanting a basswood bodied, bolt-on Jackson ever since Mish first got that custom dinky 7-string when he was recording Periphery 2.

A-Branger

Reaction score
I got to see them live yesterday... awesome gig!

he opened using the silverburst sparkle 7 bulb

duuuude that guitar sparkles like crazy!!!!

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
Got a call from Sweetwater today, my guitar never shipped from Jackson and the earliest I could possibly see it would be the end of November. I canceled my order, I am not waiting three months for a production guitar.

Man. I have mine coming in from CMC Guitars tomorrow. But I got a call from Sweetwater saying mine should ship from them next week. I wish there was a way I could transfer the sale to you.

TheBigGroove

Reaction score
Man. I have mine coming in from CMC Guitars tomorrow. But I got a call from Sweetwater saying mine should ship from them next week. I wish there was a way I could transfer the sale to you.

I got mine from CMC guitars as well. Steve is the ..... Answered every email within an hour. Great guy to deal with.

Desolate1

Reaction score

I had a 7 on order anyway. I just picked up a KM-7 that showed up yesterday. Great guitar and I have an extra $2500 in my pocket to boot. I may pick up one of these used down the road. There seems to be quite a few of them showing up used already and I bet there will be alot more once the hype dies down and more of these are out there.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score

I've owned a few JPs and I'd say they're comparable in build quality. I prefer the Jugg since I don't have much use for a trem or piezo. I like the pickups in the Jackson better as well.

Hourglass1117

Banned
Reaction score
I've owned a few JPs and I'd say they're comparable in build quality. I prefer the Jugg since I don't have much use for a trem or piezo. I like the pickups in the Jackson better as well.

I've owned a few JPs and played many more. Maybe I've had bad luck, but only a select few of those really had the "it factor". While all were nice playing and well constructed guitars, only a couple have this quality about them.

As I've grown older, I'm learning that you really need to play every single guitar before buying. Two guitars might be from the same line, but one can really shine and ring while the next one doesn't so much. It's this unquantifiable quality that makes me sound like some spiritual hippy when talking about it. But I've only ever kept guitars that have this characteristic.

Needless to say, I didn't keep many of those JPs until I boiled it down to a really solid JPX and JPX-7.

The Juggernaut HT7 has that quality for me. It will be staying in my inventory for quite a long time.

Now, on the other side of the argument, perhaps the Jackson I got happens to be a great one. There may just as well be "duds" like the EBMMs I've had. It's a bit cruel to call them "duds," because they were all well built guitars. But after this novel of a post, I think I made it clear what I mean here.

Desolate1

Reaction score
After asking GC for updates for weeks, I finally got the to call Jackson and track down my Laguna HT7. Good news, my guitar is in their shipping department now so I should have mine by the end of next week. I was about to cancel and just pick up something else. Hope this thing ends up with a really nice top on it when it shows up!

I do still have a Majesty to compare with the Juggernaut when it does show up but that's another story for another time.

Hope it works out for you but this is what I was told before I was told no HT-7's will be shipping until late November at the earliest. From what I was told they are just starting to build the next run of 7's, everything that has shipped in the past week where 6's.

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
Mine from CMC Guitars arrived with some annoying fret buzz issues. I've adjusted the truss rod and the string height through the hipshot, but it's not perfect (yet?). Ugh. Maybe the third time will be the charm and I'll return this and wait for a freshly built one from Sweetwater? Decisions, decisions.

Edit: looks like I may have fixed it with some more tweaking of the string height through the hipshot (which is surprisingly easy to adjust. Wow!). It seems to be playing pretty much perfectly now!

Rotten_Boy

Visceral Bleeding
Reaction score
So, after waiting two years for Misha to release these guitars to the public after he got his first one from the custom shop and drooling endlessly over pics of his two first Laguna Burst six strings I just had to order one for myself as soon as they were released. After waiting for more than eight months to get mine it finally showed up at 4sound in Malmö, Sweden two days ago. I was ecstatic! So I went down there yesterday to pick it up but as soon as I pulled the guitar out of the bag in the case my excitement turned into extreme disappointment! My HT6 Laguna Burst had THE weakest quilted maple I have ever seen! There was absolutely no wave pattern in the quilt to even talk about. If I hadn't known that it was a quilted maple top I probably wouldn't have been able to guess what kind of wood it was. That's how bad the quality of this top was. But it didn't end with that. All the frets were sharp, I mean ALL of them! I have a couple of cheap ass Ibanez guitars with way better fretwork then on the Juggernaut I received. Then the binding wasn't completely straight on the upper horn either. And last but not least the string height was surprisingly high. It's like they just rushed this ....er out without even giving it a proper setup. All in all it sure as hell didn't feel like I was holding a 3000€ guitar, more like a 1000€ guitar. A few of my cheap Ibanez guitars have a way more solid feel than this guitar. To make matters way worse I had to pay the full amount even before they placed the order for me and now they're telling that they don't give any refunds on orders like this. At best they could send it back and force them to build me a new one. But that would mean 6 more months of waiting, at least.
The guitar I got was just so far from what I was expecting that I've gone from wanting this guitar more than anything to not want to have anything to do with it anymore. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed about anything before. I'm gonna fight 4sound until they give me my money back, don't care how they do it, I will have my money back. I cringe when I think about this guitar now :-(

ikarus

Reaction score
So, after waiting two years for Misha to release these guitars to the public after he got his first one from the custom shop and drooling endlessly over pics of his two first Laguna Burst six strings I just had to order one for myself as soon as they were released. After waiting for more than eight months to get mine it finally showed up at 4sound in Malmö, Sweden two days ago. I was ecstatic! So I went down there yesterday to pick it up but as soon as I pulled the guitar out of the bag in the case my excitement turned into extreme disappointment! My HT6 Laguna Burst had THE weakest quilted maple I have ever seen! There was absolutely no wave pattern in the quilt to even talk about. If I hadn't known that it was a quilted maple top I probably wouldn't have been able to guess what kind of wood it was. That's how bad the quality of this top was. But it didn't end with that. All the frets were sharp, I mean ALL of them! I have a couple of cheap ass Ibanez guitars with way better fretwork then on the Juggernaut I received. Then the binding wasn't completely straight on the upper horn either. And last but not least the string height was surprisingly high. It's like they just rushed this ....er out without even giving it a proper setup. All in all it sure as hell didn't feel like I was holding a 3000€ guitar, more like a 1000€ guitar. A few of my cheap Ibanez guitars have a way more solid feel than this guitar. To make matters way worse I had to pay the full amount even before they placed the order for me and now they're telling that they don't give any refunds on orders like this. At best they could send it back and force them to build me a new one. But that would mean 6 more months of waiting, at least.
The guitar I got was just so far from what I was expecting that I've gone from wanting this guitar more than anything to not want to have anything to do with it anymore. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed about anything before. I'm gonna fight 4sound until they give me my money back, don't care how they do it, I will have my money back. I cringe when I think about this guitar now :-(

man, i feel really sorry for you. I hope you get your money back.
Do you have any pics of the guitar?