Mishas Sig?

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
2914007580_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

Well RIP my wallet, this color is insane
Awesome color. Ebony fretboard would be way better. Idk whatever jatoba or laurel or plain bright dry rosewood they are using really is an awful shade of brown. Even a plain maple fretboard would go well with that color. Definitely not a fan of the new light brown fretboards.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Awesome color. Ebony fretboard would be way better. Idk whatever jatoba or laurel or plain bright dry rosewood they are using really is an awful shade of brown. Even a plain maple fretboard would go well with that color. Definitely not a fan of the new light brown fretboards.
It's a roasted maple fretboard and neck.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
It's a roasted maple fretboard and neck.
Yeah it's the exact shade of light brown everyone complains about ruining guitars since the CITES changes. So I guess if everyone would have replaced rosewood with brown baked maple instead of various other brown substitutes it would be ok.

darkpheonix

Reaction score
I'm on the same page with this, I got all excited with the new pro chlorine burst model until I saw that roasted maple which I hate. So I'll just wait some more and get the old USA model with the ebony fretboard ~

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Dark, dull and they don’t feel great.
I think the fact that you can get drastically different tones is cool, but personally just not a fan of them at all.
So its not just me that finds them dull and heavy on the low end.

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
I'm on the same page with this, I got all excited with the new pro chlorine burst model until I saw that roasted maple which I hate. So I'll just wait some more and get the old USA model with the ebony fretboard ~

That’s the way to go. The quilted maple/ebony combination the originals have is something special.

Type_R3387

Reaction score
So its not just me that finds them dull and heavy on the low end.
No, you’re not alone. I recently picked up a 2018 SC608B and everything about the guitar is great besides the Fishman pickups. Maybe it’s the Stef models only, but they sound like shit. I’ll definitely be throwing some passives in soon...

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
No, you’re not alone. I recently picked up a 2018 SC608B and everything about the guitar is great besides the Fishman pickups. Maybe it’s the Stef models only, but they sound like shit. I’ll definitely be throwing some passives in soon...

It’s a piece of cake to swap them with other actives. If you can get a set from somewhere with a good return policy (Guitar Center), try the Modern or Abasi set. Still don’t like them? Engage the HF tilt. After that you can write them off (though the Classics are quite different).

I’m not a fan boy (and I tried hard to be), but Fluences definitely have their uses. I loved them in my 2228, especially fun in split mode.

EDIT: And I did try the Carpenter set (in that 2228 no less). Loved the way they looked, hated the way they sounded.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
It’s a piece of cake to swap them with other actives. If you can get a set from somewhere with a good return policy (Guitar Center), try the Modern or Abasi set. Still don’t like them? Engage the HF tilt. After that you can write them off (though the Classics are quite different).

I’m not a fan boy (and I tried hard to be), but Fluences definitely have their uses. I loved them in my 2228, especially fun in split mode.

EDIT: And I did try the Carpenter set (in that 2228 no less). Loved the way they looked, hated the way they sounded.
I used the moderns, engaged hf tilt, used the low gain mode, tried the Alnico model, all to no avail, i just couldn't get along with them. The EMG 81 is still the pinnacle of active sound to me, and the fishman has more options tonally, but that's not what I look for in an active pickup, Tbh.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
The EMG 81 is still the pinnacle of active sound to me, and the fishman has more options tonally, but that's not what I look for in an active pickup, Tbh.

And that’s what it comes down to. I tried them in nearly all of my guitars and settled on having them in just the one - nothing beats variety. EMG is THE proper active imho, but I gotta have me some passives too (the Fluence being kinda-sorta-not-really the compromise between the two). :)

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
There we go, finally priced at what it's actually worth. If I had the room for another guitar, I'd absolutely buy one for a modding platform.

Right? At that price I was tempted to buy three and keep the best one (I find that's the trick with these cheaper made imports where the QC is lower). Throw in some Wolfgang pickups I have (and maybe some new tuners and saddles if needed) and bam you have a beast on the cheap.

bulb

Reaction score
Right? At that price I was tempted to buy three and keep the best one (I find that's the trick with these cheaper made imports where the QC is lower). Throw in some Wolfgang pickups I have (and maybe some new tuners and saddles if needed) and bam you have a beast on the cheap.
Do it!

bulb

Reaction score
FYI, looks like Pro Audio Star is closing out some Juggernauts in the $480-$620 range. There are some used and B stock. It might not be marked clearly or whatever, but would appear that there are brand new ones in the same price range:
http://www.proaudiostar.com/search/?q=jackson+juggernaut

Since these dealers are ordering the refreshed ones, they want to clear out the old stock, so now is the best time to pick one of those up as you can get em for dirt cheap!

Razerjack

Reaction score
399 GBP here in the UK(for the white sixer). Looking to get one very soon, just want to ask do these models typically need immediate fretwork/re-setup/parts changed to play well?

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
399 GBP here in the UK(for the white sixer). Looking to get one very soon, just want to ask do these models typically need immediate fretwork/re-setup/parts changed to play well?
Fretwork is hit or miss, definitely a setup, and some parts I'd say so. Pickups are kinda meh, I'd definitely upgrade the tuners and maybe the nut.